12041RE: [Slovak-World] Kosice Centrum Hotel

  • Lil Junas
    Apr 2, 2005
      If anyone is willing to avoid the 5-star and more modern facilities
      -- and want a less expensive place to stay -- try school dorms. On my
      May term trips with college students, we stay in simple, yet
      comfortable, school dorm rooms about a 5-minute walk from the centrum
      in Kosice. The dorm is on a hill and overlooks the city. Great view.
      The cost now is less than $10 per person per night! The first year
      we took this trip (1999), the cost was about $2.25 per room (two
      people). Two years ago, it was up to $6.50 per room.
      HOWEVER, there is no restaurant in the dorm. But for younger people
      who don't have extra finances, it was perfect. We'll be back in the
      same dorm within a month. I'm taking eight students this spring.

      Lil

      >--- gergely <gergely@...> wrote:
      >
      >i like the Centrum hotel in kosice - the food is great
      >in the Slovenska restauracia in the hotel. They have
      >a large breakfast buffet with a lot of variety -
      >
      >what really impresses me is that the staff will come
      >in at some ungodly hour to make a full breakfast for
      >my groups - even the times when we have to be at the
      >airport at 5:30 am
      >
      >The rooms have been renovated and great big windows
      >let in a lot of air,
      >
      >helene

      LIL JUNAS. Comm Arts Dept. Wartburg College. Waverly, Iowa 50677
      For facts about my book, MY SLOVAKIA," and guide, check
      http://members.tripod.com/~Junas
      "To be nobody but myself."
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic