11777Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Votrubova Chata

  • Caye Caswick
    Mar 2 10:39 AM
      I cannot believe those photos could ever be confused
      with a 'hut' -- I'd say they look like Swiss skiing
      chalets -- or lodges -- but 'hut' -- I just don't get
      how hut applies to construction/architecture that
      nice.

      Caye

      --- sandman6294 <sandman6294@...> wrote:

      > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "amiak27"
      > <rmat@p...> wrote:
      > >
      > > The three photos are loaded at the Photos part of
      > the
      > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Slovak-World
      > > site under "Votruba Hut". I will take the photos
      > down in a few
      > > weeks. They are a beautiful example of a
      > traditional hut in the
      > > European mountains. It is a nice look back in
      > time.
      >
      > What a difference about 15 degrees in latitude (49
      > vs 35) makes.
      > I've been living at 1675 meters for 43 years and we
      > don't have
      > mountain brigades and skiing here. By the way,
      > anyone know what the
      > difference between "chata" and "chyz^a" is?
      >
      > RU

      Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!