11042Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Slovak-American Christmas Memories

  • Bruce Bagin
    Jan 4 6:42 AM
      And our family favorite is Braciolle, the childre now all grown and left
      order it for e3very birthday and every holiday, although King Crab is a good
      second finisher, but I continue to make the mushroom sauerkraut soup which
      is loved by some and tolerated by others. Part of the wealth of america is
      that we are a nation of immigrants and each has blessed the culture with
      some real fine cooking. Can you imagine if we were sole a nation of
      imigrants from the British Isles? I think that we would be very thin from
      not eating.

      When we were traveling in England, we found that the only restaurants that
      prepared food that tasted good were the French, Portugese, and Chinese
      restaurants. Each effort at a Brtish establishment was a disappointment.
      My wife was drooling over a six inch (high) apple pie and had to have some
      with coffee. She asked, How does one remove all taste from apples?

      The traditions are wonderful and we should enjoy those that are memorable,
      and healthful.

      Bruce Bagin
      312 Boulevard of the Allies,#600
      Pittsburgh, PA 15222-1923