Rally to Support WI Workers

  • cyndy_kulp
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2011
      Please come to this rally on Tuesday at noon if you can -- from Christy LeLait and Chuck Bader, EPC Dem Party

      Right now, tens of thousands of workers, high school and college students, community members, religious groups and concerned citizens are turning out every day to protest Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker's attack on teachers, nurses, social workers and other public employees.
      What's going on in Wisconsin is not an isolated event. An attack on workers' basic rights is sweeping the country, and we will stand together to ensure it doesn't happen here.
      The AFL-CIO is asking that workers around the country stand in solidarity with their brothers and sisters in Wisconsin.

      Join us Tuesday, February 22 at noon on the west steps of City Hall to hear Michael Merrifield, local Union leaders, Christy Le Lait and organizational leaders speak up in favor of defending workers rights. Show up and show your support for workers who are under attack in Wisconsin and across the country.
      Firefighters Wisconsin video
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc4TXdPxUcE
      Solidarity demonstration
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbEFi4SFjuM

      Sincerely,
      Chuck Bader, Colorado Springs Area Labor Council, AFL-CIO
    • Dorothy Chamberlin