Citizens Project Forum Tonight and 10/19

  • KulpC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2010
      I am going to this 2nite if anyone wants to ride along--
      Cyndy
      _________

      Skyway Dems,
      It's last minute, I know, but wanted to make sure that you knew about the two community election forums hosted by Citizens Project to help you learn about candidates and ballot issues.  They will be held at the Stargazers Theatre, 10 Parkside Dr.

      Tonight (Wed., 10/6) from 5-7 PM is the first one.  It features Democrats Michael Merrifield, Tom Mowle, and Steve Kjonass debating their respective opponents.  Mowle is our candidate for County Clerk and Recorder, and while not in our district, Merrifield is running for County Commissioner in District 5 and Knojaas in District 1.

      Also featured are debates on Ballot Questions 60-61-101 and the County Question 1A to ban marijuana dispensaries.

      The 2nd forum is scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 19 also from 5-7 PM.  In addition to State Representative Dennis Apuan and Dem candidate Pete Lee, there will be information about Amendment 62, the Personhood Proposal, and the Colo. Springs Strong Mayor Ballot question.

      Come on out to support your Democratic candidates and to learn more about the questions on which we will be voting in November.  For more information, contact Citizens Project at 520-9899.

      GO DEMS,
      Cyndy Kulp, Coordinator
      Skyway Dems
    • KulpC@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2010
        OMG, these Republican candidates are really, really bad news.  The only County Commissioner candidate who made any sense last night was Michael Merrifield, what a breath of fresh air, a perspective we need on the CC.  His opponent (Peggy Littleton) looks and talks like Barbie, and actually says things like, "we are doing more with less".....  typical republican double-speak for cutting services we need.  Merrifield opposes the "plan" to move county offices to the Garden of the Gods Rd. and felt there should have been more public discussion.
        Tom Mowle was very sharp against Wayne Williams, whose arrogance filled the room.  He certainly can win if only fellow Republicans are voting for him.
        The speaker for 60-61-101 was really creepy and does not care what governament services are cut if these atrocities pass.  He's a charter school teacher who revels in the allegation that the costs at his school (Vanguard) are less than public schools, which most likely comes from his lower salary, go figure....
        At least the public seems to be turning against these ballot questions, according to the polls.  The MMJ debate was good, too, as the guy speaking for the county question is very obviously opposed to the voters decision to allow MMJ and seems to have no concerns about complying with the constitution.
        Mark your calendars for Tuesday, Oct. 19th for the second forum.  Pete Lee and Dennis Apuan need your support.
        Cyndy