Fw: Cmsnr Candidates

  • Linda Dyer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2009
      Ladies,

      I echo Rick's sentiments below.  If you know of anyone who has an interest in running for the Board of County Commissioners, please let Rick know using the attached Excel spread sheet.  If you don't have Excel, just email me the name.

      I am sure there are competent, civic-minded people out there to run.  The salary is in the range of $86,000 a year, so it certainly is not a volunteer job.

      Do we really want the same people who have been in office for years to remain in the county government, just in different positions?  That is what it looks like will happen if others do not step up.

      While the national campaign/grassroots movement has a lot of (sex?) appeal, remember,
      ALL POLITICS ARE LOCAL.

      This is where we live and the decisions of our local leaders will affect all of us.  It's time for CHANGE here too.

      Linda M. Dyer

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2009
        Democrats who are interested in running for elected positions should contact the El Paso County Democratic party.  John Morris is doing candidate development and Jason DeGroot (new chair) wants to connect with potential candidates.
        Cyndy Kulp