Donate an Hour: Join cast of ABC network PSA

  • Dave Gardner
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2008
      I hope you don't mind this post to the list. I think members of this group are more likely to appreciate this need.

      Can you and/or your kids spend a fun hour this Friday or Saturday in Colorado Springs as extras representing the human race in a public service announcement that could be seen on ABC next year?

      I need 50 people to join me for an hour to make this work.

      See www.Earth2100.tv for more information about this unique opportunity. ABC News is producing a special about the future of our planet, and they are asking citizens to submit videos of proposed solutions to the dire impacts of "the perfect storm of population growth, resource depletion and climate change."

      I'm putting together a brief video promoting population decline and eventual stability as one of the solutions. Does this strike you as unrealistic? It is if we won't talk about it! Sustainable population levels needs to sit beside conservation and clean energy at the table of solutions. So help me produce this "PSA" that will provoke some valuable conversation.

      We need about 50 "extras" to stand in the studio behind our spokeswoman. These extras represent the entire human race, so help me gather a group with maximum diversity of age, ethnicity, religion, occupation, etc. Here's the fun part: Dress accordingly. Come as a doctor, lawyer or Indian Chief (really! Think Village People). Come as Joe the Plumber, Catholic priest, nun, mother with two babies. You name it. Let's have some fun with this.

      Just shoot me an email (dave@...) or call me at 719-576-5565 to volunteer. Hurry - we shoot December 5 or 6.

      Thanks!

      Dave Gardner, President, Citizen-Powered Media
      Producing the Documentary,
      GROWTHBUSTERS TM
      presents Hooked on Growth: Our Misguided Quest for Prosperity
      Visit www.growthbusters.com
      < mailto:dave@...>
      760 Wycliffe Drive
      Colorado Springs, CO  80906
      719-576-5565

    • Nga Turner
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2008
        what time and where?

        Nga

        Just shoot me an email (dave@growthbusters .com) or call me at 719-576-5565 to volunteer. Hurry - we shoot December 5 or 6.

        Thanks!

        Dave Gardner, President, Citizen-Powered Media
        Producing the Documentary,
        GROWTHBUSTERS TM
        presents Hooked on Growth: Our Misguided Quest for Prosperity
        Visit www.growthbusters. com
        < mailto:dave@ growthbusters. com>
        760 Wycliffe Drive
        Colorado Springs, CO  80906