Bushism of the Day

  • Steve Meyer
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 11, 2005
      You know, when you read these (and you should read them sl-ow-ly to savor every phrase and not run past any potential gaffe),
      you never know until you finish if the funniest part is in the beginning, middle, or at the end.  Thanks, Mr. Resident, for the endless entertainment you provide as our Beloved Incurious George.

       Bushism of the Day
      By Jacob Weisberg
      Posted Friday, Feb. 11, 2005, at 12:03 PM PT

      "If you're a younger person, you ought to be asking members of Congress and the United States Senate and the president what you intend to do about it. If you see a train wreck coming, you ought to be saying, what are you going to do about it, Mr. Congressman, or Madam Congressman?"—Detroit, Feb. 8, 2005

    • Steve Meyer
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 23 12:27 AM
         Bushism of the Day
        By Jacob Weisberg
        Posted Friday, March 18, 2005, at 8:09 AM PT

        "In terms of timetables, as quickly as possible—whatever that means."
        —On the president's time frame for shoring up Social Security, Washington D.C., March 16, 2005

      • Steve Meyer
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 22, 2005
           Bushism of the Day
          By Jacob Weisberg
          Posted Thursday, April 21, 2005, at 6:01 AM PT

          "I understand there's a suspicion that we—we're too security-conscience."—Washington D.C., April 14, 2005

        • Steve Meyer
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 29, 2005
            Seems like your Administration's been doing a pretty good job already, Preznit.

             Bushism of the Day
            By Jacob Weisberg
            Posted Friday, April 29, 2005, at 8:56 AM PT

            "It's in our country's interests to find those who would do harm to us and get them out of harm's way."

            —Washington, D.C., April 28, 2005

          • Steve Meyer
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 29, 2005
              See, it's the Harvard M.B.A. degree of study that really impresses me here as he applies all the rigorous, theoretically-derived modes of attack he wrestled with at Cambridge MA until he had mastered them and could then apply them to the problem at hand....

               Bushism of the Day
              By Jacob Weisberg
              Posted Tuesday, April 26, 2005, at 7:51 AM PT

              "Part of the facts is understanding we have a problem, and part of the facts is what you're going to do about it."

              —Kirtland, Ohio, April 15, 2005

            • struthersnorma
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 30, 2005
                -The Pres sure lowers the standard for Harvard. Lets hope he hired his
                work done by some poor brillant student.

                Message 7 of 11 , May 6, 2005
                  Dumber than a fencepost....

                   Bushism of the Day
                  By Jacob Weisberg
                  Posted Wednesday, May 4, 2005, at 9:25 AM PT

                  "Well, we've made the decision to defeat the terrorists abroad so we don't have to face them here at home. And when you engage the terrorists abroad, it causes activity and action."—Washington, D.C., April 28, 2005

                • Steve Meyer
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 6, 2005
                    God help us, Walter Cronkite!

                     Bushism of the Day
                    By Jacob Weisberg
                    Posted Friday, June 3, 2005, at 8:44 AM PT

                    "I think younger workers—first of all, younger workers have been promised benefits the government—promises that have been promised, benefits that we can't keep. That's just the way it is."—Washington, D.C., May 4, 2005