Re:URGENT: RECITY COUNCIL CANDIDATE

  • KulpC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2007
      Thanks, Meridith, for the info about Dave Martin, the CC at-large candidate.  Does anyone know anything about this fellow?  This is the first I have heard his name.
      Cyndy Kulp
    • jdmdcs@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4 12:43 PM
        Dear C,

        Dave Martin, candidate for city council at large, is a fine man for the job.  He has been a very energetic and committed member of the Falcon school board..very interested in open space and managed development.
        I have a print piece that I will drop in your mail box so you can familiarize yourself with him.

        He is the fiance of Kjersten Forseth (of Red Rock Sgtrategies) a father of two young teenagers.  Platform of managed growth, preservation of open space, affordable health care and assistance to the undersered in our community.  Give  him a chance..I have not seen very many other candidates that I will volunteer for as of yet.

        Regards,
        Meredith

      • KulpC@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 5 7:41 AM
          Thanks, Meridith, for the info about Dave Martin.  I am interested in knowing more about the progressive candidates that are running for City Council, and he sounds like he is one.  He's got a good woman behind him, too!  Kjersten has been the mastermind behind many successful campaigns, including most recently John Morse's victory to oust Ed Jones for State Senate.

          I'd like to see Dems and progressive-thinking people get together to vote as a block for the strong, progressive candidates.  We need to get rid of some of the right-wing extremists on Council, including Tom Gallagher and Bernie Herpin to name two. We can only do that by bringing the progressive community together and lining up behind some strong liberal candidates.

          I was thinking about the possibility of holding a community forum for Skyway Dems and others in the local community to hear from some of the candidates, and wondered what other people thought of doing that, say mid March?  Please respond with your feedback.  Any volunteers to help plan it?
          Cyndy Kulp
        • Dave Gardner
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 5 11:39 AM
            Cyndy,

            There are a LOT of foums planned already, so I'm not sure it's necessary for Skyway Dems to hold another. The one good reason would be for members of this group to have a better shot at getting their questions answered, but I'm afraid the candidates may not have the time to do it.

            I would also hope you'll take a hard look at Tom Gallagher before you label him right-wing extremist. He frequently stands up for more transparency and seems to be a man of the people.  I do believe that Larry Small and Bernie Herpin need to go!

            Dave

            At 08:41 AM 2/5/2007, you wrote:

[...]

            Founder & Chair, SaveTheSprings

            A sustainable approach to our environment & quality of life - for current & future generations
            Visit us at www.savethesprings.org

            < mailto:dave.gardner@...>
            760 Wycliffe Drive
            Colorado Springs, CO  80906