2nd chance to preview doc: Choking on Growth

  • Dave Gardner
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2006
      If you missed the sneak preview of Choking on Growth at Sierra Club in November, here’s your second chance!

      When:   Friday, December 8 between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.
      Where:  Pikes Peak Justice and Peace Commission. 214 East Vermijo.
      Event: IndyMedia NewsReal December showcase & holiday social

      Every month there is a brown-bag lunch and screening of INDYMEDIA NEWSREAL.  Each program features grassroots documentaries covering actions taken in local communities, by ordinary people, to address critical issues like air and water pollution, reproductive rights, homelessness, racism, police brutality, indigenous struggles, and more. This is very consistent with the mission of my new non-profit, Citizen-Powered Media, which hopes to put the power of the media into the hands of citizen groups which lack the war chests of big business.

      I invite you to come to this meeting to find out more about IndyMedia, meet other enlightened folks, learn about my new non-profit, and preview this exciting documentary series I’m producing! I’ll show the ten minute preview of the documentary which is still in production

      Beverages will be provided. Attendees are encouraged to contribute munchies.  If you can’t attend, find out more at www.growthbusters.org

      We’re still working on our email list, so if you got more than one email from me about this, please forgive me, and let me know so I can eliminate duplicates. Also, if you don’t wish to get occasional updates from me, let me know that, too.

      Thanks for your support. Please share this with anyone you believe would be interested.

       []
                      We’ve got a planet to save!

                        presents a documentary

      []

      Global warming
      Water supplies tapped out
      Deteriorating air quality
      Fish unsafe to eat
      Species extinction

      Signs we're living beyond the carrying capacity of spaceship Earth.  Yet...

      Politicians promise job creation and economic growth – difficult to achieve without increasing population, destruction and consumption.

       Is our prosperity strategy sustainable?   ...or even desirable?

      Choking on Growth assesses the I.Q. of our frenetic pursuit of growth.

      For more information, or to make a donation, visit
      www.growthbusters.com

      A Citizen-Powered Media project
      To sign up for our e-mail updates, write to
      dave@...

      Dave Gardner
      Founder & Chair, SaveTheSprings

      A sustainable approach to our environment & quality of life - for current & future generations
      Visit us at www.savethesprings.org

      < mailto:dave.gardner@...>
      760 Wycliffe Drive
      Colorado Springs, CO  80906