George Bush is not incompetent

  • struthersnorma
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2006
      George Bush is not a failure. It is our folly to believe this.
      . Emboldened by President Bush's plummeting approval ratings,
      progressives increasingly point to Bush's "failures" and label him
      and his administration as incompetent. For example, Nancy Pelosi
      said "The situation in Iraq and the reckless economic policies in
      the United States speak to one issue for me, and that is the
      competence of our leader."
      She is wrong in her assesment. As self-satisfying as this criticism
      may be, it misses the bigger point. Bush's disasters -- Katrina, the
      Iraq War, the budget deficit -- are not so much a testament to his
      incompetence or a failure of execution. Rather, they are the
      natural, even inevitable and intentional result of his conservative
      governing philosophy. It is conservatism itself, carried out
      according to plan, that is at fault. Bush will not be running again,
      but other conservatives will. His governing philosophy is theirs as
      well. We should be putting the onus where it belongs, on all
      conservative office holders and candidates who would lead us off the
      same cliff.

      **Please, please read this article, We cannot afford to fall into
      complacency. If our nation operates on an ultra conservative
      agenda, it will mater little how progressive our state may become.
      The federal agenda will starve us. This is the year to retrive our
      American way of life. This is why I am working for Jay Fawcett

      http://www.alternet.org/story/38362/