pup desision

  • goflyaplane2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2002
      I have just about decided to build a Sky Pup. But I only found 1
      site that really had any real Info. but I am continuealy drawn back
      to the airplane. I just really like it and the little info I can
      find. So if anyone hase any info. like "gross weight, ect......" I
      would greatly apreciate it. Tony
    • dennis gwynn
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 27, 2002
        The design gross weight is 430 lbs.
        Although there are a number of them flying overweight, doing so cuts
        into your G rating [which is over 5].
        It is an engineered airplane [ uncommon in ultralights and near
        ultralights] and there has been no recorded structural faillure in a
        skypup.

        I fly one, so if you have other questions just ask. [the "etc." left too
        much open for me to reply to]

        Dennis
        > I have just about decided to build a Sky Pup. But I only found 1
        > site that really had any real Info. but I am continuealy drawn back
        > to the airplane. I just really like it and the little info I can
        > find. So if anyone hase any info. like "gross weight, ect......" I
        > would greatly apreciate it. Tony

      • Bob
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 30, 2013
          It is 23hp and turns a 40" prop. I have looked at one for something like a Dream Classic.