Sitcom Trials show 1 - report

  • kevf
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2003
      Thanks to everyone who tuned into the first episode of The Sitcom Trials
      last night and for the (hopefully) smaller number oof you who joined us
      in the studio audience.

      A triumph, I hope you'll agree. For anyone who didn't see it, the
      scripts in contention were Stephen Dinsdale & Jerome Vincent's Police
      Vets In Casualty vs Brian Meenagh's Do You Think They'll Cotton On.

      The winner (decided this week by the studio audience vote) was Do You
      Think They'll Cotton On, which had its ending performed. When the phone
      votes came in, Police Vets had won the home vote by a similar
      proportion. In any case we performed both endings for the benefit of the
      studio audience, so we have them in the can for future use.

      I'd love to hear any viewers opinions. We're looking forward to next
      week's show.

      Next week's studio audience will be bigger. They were let down by
      no-shows, meaning the audience was half the size they expected, so next
      week will be deliberately over-allocating tickets to compensate.

      And remember, you can enter a script in the Sitcom Trials and have a
      chance of making it into week 8 of the series. Go to the files and check
      out the rules and deadlines: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SitsVac/files

      Kev F Sutherland
      Producer & presenter
      THE SITCOM TRIALS
      http://sitcomtrials.co.uk

      The Sitcom Trials runs on ITV 1 West, 11.30pm Friday night live till
      April 11th. http://itv.com/sitcomtrials

      Free audience tickets: Nikki.Melton@...
      Arnos Vale hotel next to Bristol studios, just £50: 0117 971 1461