Is your first language English? Do you live / have you lived
in a Chinese-speaking area-- Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau,
mainland China, or Singapore? Come share your experiences
and questions with like company.
We are the highly-publicised society founded in 1997 that
met in Taichung City, Taiwan (in real life). After
temporary residence at Haoyao (thanks to Callum Maclay),
we've moved online with our own e-forum.
Our Archives include some past topics from the SS's
fora held in Taichung, plus the weekly Sinological talks
broadcast over Taiwan through ICRT (International
Community Radio Taipei) in 1998.
Our purpose is to better understand the language and
society in which we live(d) through discussion of Chinese
language, culture, lifestyles, history, news headlines,
(1. All new members must first post
a brief self-introduction before gaining access.
2. Submit in English or Chinese; however the
SS supports only normal Chinese
characters (no simplified).
3. The official romanisation is Wade-Giles, though any well-established romanisation is acceptable. 4. The Group Owners reserve the right to delete or edit any remark without notice. 5. Policies and matters of
operation are limited to Staff.)
- Nov 23, 2001
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages require approval.
- All members can post messages.