Re: [SimplySolar] Re: Coroplast collector

  • kenneth wersinger
    Message 1 of 37 , May 23, 2012
      Hi Scott,
      When I stagnated mine I really over heated it!! The culmination of 60 degree slope, twin wall,1" insulation and a empty collector(A solar oven?)
      Although the coroplast is wrinkled it still works.
       Holes on the bottom and a top plate(door) of polystyrene insulation (Fan fold?) that will melt(shrink) if over heated would make the collector fail safe as a passive air collector. If I was to use a pool heater I would definitively make a fail safe door of some type to protect the pool heater. It is just too scary to not do some kind of fail safe on a plastic collector.
      Kenneth W
      MN

         Date: Tue May 22, 2012 6:55 pm ((PDT))

      Hi Doug,
      I would like to warn you about coroplast and stagnation. The coroplast will shrink and wrinkly like wet cardboard. If you can find a way to vent the heat if a stagnation happens would be prudent. Maybe a door of polystyrene insulation that will fall out if stagnation happens?
      Would it work and add a little pressure for the pump if you put the tea jar up high on the system?
       I have my coroplast goop collector set up to run thru the summer for a long term test.
      Kenneth W
      MN

    • kenneth wersinger
      Message 37 of 37 , May 23, 2012