Introduction

  • Jay Francis
    Message 1 of 83 , Apr 22 11:40 AM
      Hi All,

      Just starting to learn about solar and came across this group. Looking forward to tap the experience here and hopefully be able to add to the knowledge base over time.

      Jay Francis
      Merrimack, NH
    • Deven La Vere
      Message 83 of 83 , Jan 25, 2013
        Kevin,

        Welcome to the group! I too am new here and currently building a 2' by 32' solar collector. It will provide heat for about 640 sq ft in my house.
        The solar heater is a good first project as they are fairly simple. However I would recommend first putting money into properly insulating your house, sealing up gaps with expanding foam, new caulk, etc... This will cut your current heating bill and allow you to KEEP the heat that you generate for longer.

        -Deven