Re: [SimplySolar] Re: Hacked too.... UPDATE

  • Dean Corse
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 11 7:06 AM
      Clive,

      Great advise. I use RoboForm Everywhere. This allows me to have access to my passwords on my PC, laptop and phone. I love it.

      Hope this helps someone improve their online experience.

      Dean

      PS I am glad to see that this online community is willing to take action and keep itself clean so we can all focus the reason we are all here, solar. Have a great day everyone!

      On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM, clivepea <clivep71@...> wrote:

      Hi Bob/all, just a quick tip on passwords and agree with the previous suggestions.

      Hope this is OK within this forum and apologise up front if its inappropriate.

      I've use KeePass for the last 3 years to record my registered sites - urls/names/passwords. I've never had an issue with password cracking.

      Its a standalone app requiring no install and you only have to remember one password to open it! I'm very anal regarding passwords so no 2 sites ever have the same passwords. Reminder to always keep a backup/copy/s of the app elsewhere like another PC, Backup storage etc. see - http://portableapps.com/ or http://keepass.info/index.html or sourceforge.com (open source apps community).

      You can enter your own password or it can generate random passwords for you eg: R1EcrJli_wNGQ_IE1ayj - try cracking that one!!!!

      Anyway hope this can be of assistance.

      Regards Clive

      --
      Dean Corse
      Eternal Light <><

      "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. " Proverbs 4:23