STICKFIGHTING @ the Park in the SW Houston area in March!

  • Daniel Arola
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2007
      The Houston Stickfighting Association will be at it again for the 1st of quarterly scheduled combative events featuring martial artists of all "stick-based" fighting styles and NOT LIMITED TO, the Filipino MA systems, but also open to Japanese, Okinawan, Chinese, Thai also including European-style MAists.

       Matches are fought with various sorts of martial art weaponry from the Filipino rattan sticks, wooden/rubber training dagger duels, wooden sword and dagger, staff, wooden longswords in series of "friendly exchanges" betwen players in a 2 minute round. This is a FULL-CONTACT event featuring members of this organization going at it where there are no judges, no trophies, no winners, or losers. This is not a tournament. Just a group of guys open-minded enough to cross skills with other martial arts weapons from the Oriental martial arts to the Western/European(Medival/Rennaisance era) weapons systems.

      The event will begin at 9 am in the morning at Oyster Creek Park off of highway 6 South between Dulles Ave and Settlers Way. Matches go on until the afternoon and there will also be a BBQ cookout to add to the occasion.

      A note from the founder of the HSFA:

      To join the HSFA, please visit our website, www.houstonstickfighting.org, and download a Membership Application and a Release Form for this March 4, 2007 event. Your completed forms and your $20.00 annual membership fee can be mailed to: Johnathan Bolton, 1301 McKinney, Suite 4100, Houston, Texas 77010. You can also e-mail your completed forms to: registration@....

      Rock on with your STICK ON!

      Daniel Arola

      DAMAG-INC
      [Daniel Arola Martial Arts Group Inc.]
      Houston, Texas

      Don't pick lemons.
      See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
    • Dez Myr
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 15, 2007
        what day is this on? Also do any of you still work Excaliber in march/april?

        Dez,

        From: Daniel Arola <houstonkaligroup@...>
        Date: 2007/02/14 Wed PM 07:31:50 CST
        To: damag.inc@...
        Subject: [Silver_Daggers] STICKFIGHTING @ the Park in the SW Houston area in March!

        DAMAG-INC [Daniel Arola Martial Arts Group Inc.] http://www.damag-inc.zoomshare.com Houston, Texas
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2007
          Here are more detailed directions for this Sunday's(3/4/07) coming
          event...
          We get there at 9 am and continue onward through the day

          Take 59 South (Southwest Freeway)- exit on Highway 6-
          Turn LEFT on highway 6- pass three stop lights, the 4th stop light is
          Settler's way-turn Left at Settlers way- second road to the right is
          Lost Creek Boulevard- turn Right at Lost creek Boulevard and go
          straight--dead end will be park's parking area

          Direction details supplied by Leo Quitalon

          Hope to see some of you there!

          Daniel Arola