Daggers????

  • Karl
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 13, 2005
      Curt,

      What's the latest on the daggers?
    • GeneralSkull@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 13, 2005
        Hey there...no word yet.  I'm planning on hitting the Red Castle on the first day of TRF.  I'm sure that they can have them ready in just a little while.  I haven't been able to contact Dean or his wife...and I think I posted what Zak sent to me.  The guy who actually makes the starfire stuff.  He said that he hasn't talked to Dean in a while...so I don't know if he ran into some kind of a problem or what the deal was.  The last time I talked to him, he said that he had ordered 12 daggers and was just waiting for them to get in.
        I'll try writing him once more before TRF...but they've always got the daggers we want there at the shop...and I've had them wrap handles for me and it's always pretty fast.  So that's probably going to be the deal with that.  Unfortunately...there's nothing I can do other than wait on him.
      • Sheilagh Gallagher
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 13, 2005
          On your daggers it would definately be your best bet to get them at Red Castle.  I have had quite a few custom weapons made by Zak and he is always very inundated with work.  And as for Red Castle their services are usually very prompt and well done especially if you are in a pinch with your weapons out at faire.  Good Luck and see you all out there.

          faewyse7

          GeneralSkull@... wrote:
          Hey there...no word yet.  I'm planning on hitting the Red Castle on the first day of TRF.  I'm sure that they can have them ready in just a little while.  I haven't been able to contact Dean or his wife...and I think I posted what Zak sent to me.  The guy who actually makes the starfire stuff.  He said that he hasn't talked to Dean in a while...so I don't know if he ran into some kind of a problem or what the deal was.  The last time I talked to him, he said that he had ordered 12 daggers and was just waiting for them to get in.
          I'll try writing him once more before TRF...but they've always got the daggers we want there at the shop...and I've had them wrap handles for me and it's always pretty fast.  So that's probably going to be the deal with that.  Unfortunately...there's nothing I can do other than wait on him.
        • LordVandorofCHAOS
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 13, 2005
            THe issue is that we had all paid for them and ordered them months ago (almost a year ago).. and Skull has been trying his damndest to get them delivered but has not been getting any responses.

            From: Sheilagh Gallagher <faewyse7@...>
            Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:45:08 -0700 (PDT)

            GeneralSkull@... wrote:
            Hey there...no word yet. I'm planning on hitting the Red Castle on the first day of TRF. I'm sure that they can have them ready in just a little while. I haven't been able to contact Dean or his wife...and I think I posted what Zak sent to me. The guy who actually makes the starfire stuff. He said that he hasn't talked to Dean in a while...so I don't know if he ran into some kind of a problem or what the deal was. The last time I talked to him, he said that he had ordered 12 daggers and was just waiting for them to get in.
            I'll try writing him once more before TRF...but they've always got the daggers we want there at the shop...and I've had them wrap handles for me and it's always pretty fast. So that's probably going to be the deal with that. Unfortunately...there's nothing I can do other than wait on him.

            Silver Dagger Medieval knight costume Medieval and renaissance costume Medieval knights Medieval daggers

            ---------------------------------

            --
            Lord Vandor
            The Purple Dragon of CHAOS
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 13, 2005
              You'd be better off having General Skull answer that.. he knows who he has contacted more than the rest of us would.

              From: Sheilagh Gallagher <faewyse7@...>
              Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:21:00 -0700 (PDT)

              That is a bit unusual for Zak. Who does Skull talk to when he calls Starfire? Do you know. Sometimes if you tell the assistants they dont always remember to let Zak know.

              LordVandorofCHAOS <LordVandorofCHAOS@...> wrote:THe issue is that we had all paid for them and ordered them months ago (almost a year ago).. and Skull has been trying his damndest to get them delivered but has not been getting any responses.

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 13, 2005

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 14, 2005
                  I've been posting everything that's been said online here.  At first I was talking to Dean at Red Castle.  He was supposed to have all of the daggers ordered for us and was going to do a special wrap on them.  Then he stopped responding to me...which isn't really like him.
                  I then called Starfire and talked to one of the people working there.  She was willing to give us a 20% discount and wrap the grips in whatever we wanted...so long as we supplied the leather for it.  So the cost would have been a little more than the $37 the Dean at Red Castle quoted us.
                  Then I talked to Zak...and he said that as far as he was concerned it was full price...$55 per dagger...and that was IF they wrapped it in the black leather he normally used.  If we had something different, it would be more.
                  SOOOoooo...I think it's going to be easier to track down Dean at Red Castle in a couple of weeks when TRF opens.  IF they still have a booth there.  I haven't heard anything to make me think that they don't, but who knows at this point.
                  I realize that the price of the dagger isn't that much...$37 is less than a tank of gas today...but still...I would have really liked to have mine when Excal started in March.  I've got money from 5 different people who have been waiting to get theirs done...and I've got 5 more people that have been wanting to send me their money.  I've been telling them to just hold off until I can get this worked out.
                  I'll try writing Dean again in a few minutes...just to see if I can get a response from him.  I guess that there's a chance that their email addresses have changed...and I don't have a phone number for him.  If that's the case...then 1st weekend of TRF...we should be able to get all of the daggers we need...or at least the ones we've ordered.  And I'm sure that within a week, he should be able to get the others we need.

                  Skull