299Re: STICKFIGHTING @ the Park in the SW Houston area in March!

  • Daniel Arola
    Mar 1, 2007
      Here are more detailed directions for this Sunday's(3/4/07) coming
      event...
      We get there at 9 am and continue onward through the day

      Take 59 South (Southwest Freeway)- exit on Highway 6-
      Turn LEFT on highway 6- pass three stop lights, the 4th stop light is
      Settler's way-turn Left at Settlers way- second road to the right is
      Lost Creek Boulevard- turn Right at Lost creek Boulevard and go
      straight--dead end will be park's parking area

      Direction details supplied by Leo Quitalon

      Hope to see some of you there!

      Daniel Arola

      --- In Silver_Daggers@yahoogroups.com, Dez Myr <eladesmier@...> wrote:

      > what day is this on? Also do any of you still work Excaliber in
      march/april?

      > Dez,
      >
      > From: Daniel Arola <houstonkaligroup@...>
      > Date: 2007/02/14 Wed PM 07:31:50 CST
      > To: damag.inc@...
      > Subject: [Silver_Daggers] STICKFIGHTING @ the Park in the SW Houston
      area in March!

      > The Houston Stickfighting Association will be at it again for the
      1st of quarterly scheduled combative events featuring martial artists
      of all "stick-based" fighting styles and NOT LIMITED TO, the Filipino
      MA systems, but also open to Japanese, Okinawan, Chinese, Thai also
      including European-style MAists.

      > Matches are fought with various sorts of martial art weaponry from
      the Filipino rattan sticks, wooden/rubber training dagger duels,
      wooden sword and dagger, staff, wooden longswords in series of
      "friendly exchanges" betwen players in a 2 minute round. This is a
      FULL-CONTACT event featuring members of this organization going at it
      where there are no judges, no trophies, no winners, or losers. This is
      not a tournament. Just a group of guys open-minded enough to cross
      skills with other martial arts weapons from the Oriental martial arts
      to the Western/European(Medival/Rennaisance era) weapons systems.

      > The event will begin at 9 am in the morning at Oyster Creek Park off
      of highway 6 South between Dulles Ave and Settlers Way. Matches go on
      until the afternoon and there will also be a BBQ cookout to add to the
      occasion.

      > A note from the founder of the HSFA:
      > To join the HSFA, please visit our website,
      www.houstonstickfighting.org, and download a Membership Application
      and a Release Form for this March 4, 2007 event. Your completed forms
      and your $20.00 annual membership fee can be mailed to: Johnathan
      Bolton, 1301 McKinney, Suite 4100, Houston, Texas 77010. You can also
      e-mail your completed forms to: registration@...

      http://www.damag-inc.zoomshare.com Houston, Texas