Gearing up for GARDEN MART!

  • LaserBlast@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2011
      This is it -- Saturday is our big GardenMart. What we make from this helps us pay for our meeting speakers and gives us funds to donate to Brookside, the USNA Save the Azaleas campaign, etc.

      I'll be bugging you all many times this week so bear with me.

      A few quick things as they are on my mind:

      ~ We NEED LOTS of the following so clear out your garages, basements, and sheds:
      - plant trays
      - shallow cardboard boxes or lids (like from paper cartons)

      ~ If you volunteered at the sale last year and got a bandana, can you locate that and wear it again this Saturday? (We will have new ones for new volunteers and those who lost their old ones, but I'd rather save the $s and not by all new each year.)

      ~ Can you keep potting up? Anything that will be in Bloom this weekend or is Native is especially desirable, but all garden and house plants are needed. If you cannot deliver to the sale 8am on Saturday, you can bring it Friday to Brookside and store it in the "side hall/atrium area."

      Stay tuned for more GardenMart announcements and for the Club's May newsletter...

      Sincerely,
      Kathy Jentz
      Editor/Publisher
      Washington Gardener Magazine
      826 Philadelphia Ave.
      Silver Spring MD 20910
      301-588-6894
      WGardenermag@...
      www.WashingtonGardener.com

      Follow us on:
      http://twitter.com/WDCGardener
      facebook.com/WashingtonGardenerMagazine
      washingtongardener.blogspot.com

      Our mission: to help your Washington, DC, area garden grow better!
      Subscribe today for $20 a year by sending a check to the address above.
      The magazine makes a great gift for gardening friends!

      * Help save paper - do you need to print this email? *