Re: [SilverSpringGardenClub] meet at 4:00pm on Thursday. March 31 at Holy Cro...

  • Sue Hauser
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
      Well, how embarrassing. My first opportunity to meet SSGC  and I missed it - *twice*!
      Sounds like it was a productive meeting. I'll look forward the work days!

      On 3/31/2011 6:27 PM, LaserBlast@... wrote:

      Hi -

      No, not canceled. We had the meeting. Somehow you missed us. We met in the lobby at  4:00pm and the info desk staff directed us to our meeting in Meeting Room D.

      3 of us from the club and 3 HC staff for about 15-20 min in the room then we all went out to the garden (passing pack thru the lobby) , took photos and notes there, then exchanged out thoughts back in Room D again. The hospital staff had sodas and a small snack set up for us there, which was nice of them to do.

      I'll report meeting results and upload photos when I have every gathered over the next few days.

      Sincerely,
      Kathy Jentz
      Editor/Publisher
      Washington Gardener Magazine
      826 Philadelphia Ave.
      Silver Spring MD 20910
      301-588-6894
      WGardenermag@...
      www.WashingtonGardener.com

      Follow us on:
      http://twitter.com/WDCGardener
      facebook.com/WashingtonGardenerMagazine
      washingtongardener.blogspot.com

      Our mission: to help your Washington, DC, area garden grow better!
      Subscribe today for $20 a year by sending a check to the address above.
      The magazine makes a great gift for gardening friends!

      * Help save paper - do you need to print this email? *

      In a message dated 3/31/2011 5:08:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, shauser@... writes:

      Hi all -
      Was this canceled? I hung around in the lobby next to the entrance to the garden until 4:20. Of course, the only face I would recognize is Kathy, and Sisters probably no longer give themselves away in long habits, but I thought the garden entrance was a reasonable spot. It seemed unlike that *everybody* would be more than 20 minutes late, so I scooted before I would have to pay for parking. I'm still interested. What should I do now?
      - Sue
      (new member)

      On 3/31/2011 10:46 AM, LaserBlast@... wrote:

      MEETING FOR HOLY CROSS HOSPITAL HEALING GARDEN RENOVATIONS
      Interested Holy Cross Healing Garden volunteers should meet at 4:00pm on Thursday. March 31 in the hospital lobby. We will then walk out to the garden together.
      We’ll meet with hospital staff and the Sisters of the Holy Cross to see what is presently at the garden, what their vision is, and what the next steps will be. Holy Cross Hospital has approached our club asking for assistance in planning, planting, and maintaining the Healing Garden near the hospital’s main entrance.

      PS I have a relative at Georgetown Hospital and may not make it myself today back to Holy Cross in time, so am hoping other club members will PLEASE try to attend and take notes to share.

    • LaserBlast@aol.com