FINAL Ripley Garden Tour reminder

  • LaserBlast@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2 12:53 PM
      We are gathering to tour the Ripley Garden TOMORROW TUESDAY, August 3 at 2:00pm on the National Mall, next to the Smithsonian's Hirshorn Museum.

      There is no cost.
      This event is informal and it IS open to members and to the general public.
      Parking is limited. I suggest you take metro to either the Smithsonian or the L'Enfant stations.
      Bring a camera, water, note paper, and pen/pencil.
      Depending on the size of our group and other factors (weather, etc.), we may go on to explore other Smithsonian gardens on the National Mall and the US Botanic Garden.
      Wear your walking shoes, a hat, and sunscreen.
      There are plenty of benches and seating for taking rest breaks.

      The precise meeting directions are to:
      "Meet at the sign in the Mary Livingston Ripley Garden, between the Hirshhorn Museum and the Arts & Industries Building"

      Here is a link to the garden's web site where you can see a map:
      http://www.gardens.si.edu/horticulture/gardens/GardensMap.pdf
      Here is a link to more general information on the Smithsonian gardens:

      Sincerely,
      Kathy Jentz
      Editor/Publisher
      Washington Gardener Magazine
      826 Philadelphia Ave.
      Silver Spring MD 20910
      301-588-6894
      WGardenermag@...
      www.WashingtonGardener.com

      Follow us on:
      http://twitter.com/WDCGardener
      washingtongardener.blogspot.com

      Our mission: to help your Washington, DC, area garden grow better!
      Subscribe today for $20 a year by sending a check to the address above.
      The magazine makes a great gift for gardening friends!

      * Help save paper - do you need to print this email? *