43 SSGC members owe 2010 dues

  • LaserBlast@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2010
      HI all -

      Just got off the phone with our decoted treasuer, Trudi.
      I still have 43 of our members who owe 2010 dues, I will email you shortly and let you know if that is you.
      Some folks think they have apid as the years blend and fly by so quickly.
      If you do NOT want to renew, I'd appreciate knowing that asap so I do not have to jeep nagging you and wast more time/paper/club resources with notices.
      I cannot complete our 2010 Member Directory until this dues cycle is closed.
      Sincerely,
      Kathy Jentz
      Editor/Publisher
      Washington Gardener Magazine
      826 Philadelphia Ave.
      Silver Spring MD 20910
      301-588-6894
      WGardenermag@...
      www.WashingtonGardener.com

      Follow us on:
      http://twitter.com/WDCGardener
      washingtongardener.blogspot.com

      Our mission: to help your Washington, DC, area garden grow better!
      Subscribe today for $20 a year by sending a check to the address above.
      The magazine makes a great gift for gardening friends!

      * Help save paper - do you need to print this email? *
    • amyclee
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010

        FYI:  I have been a member for a number of years and I’ve always paid my dues.  However, when I sent in my dues for 2010, I was listed as a “new member.”  Is it possible that there are other such mistakes?  I am not fussing or complaining, because the Treasurer’s job is difficult as it is.  I merely want to say that there could be mistakes.

        WGardenermag@ aol.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010
          HI Amy and others -

          Yes, mistakes do happen ad paperwork is misplaced which is why I am now sending out the renewal notes so they can be rectified. So far we have only found on error and two have left me know that they are not renewing. So still 40 who owe as of today. That is unfortunately not unusual as last year I thik I had to make 50 phone calls at the Directory deadline :-(.

          For dues questions, corrections, and concerns, You can call Trudi at 301-622-4363 as she is not online.

[...]

          (Message over 64 KB, truncated)
        • Linda Pettaway
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010

            Just wondering when the new year starts - I joined this past September.  Please advise as to whether I should renew membership now or later in Sept 2010.

            Thanks!

            Linda Pettaway

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010
              HI Linda -

              Our member dues go with the calendar year Jan 1-Dec 31, so all renewals were due Jan 1. We give a two-month grace period, then at the end of Feb, I have to cut any non-renewals off our list to print the new Member Directory and finalize the March newsletter mail list.

              Trudi and I talked about those who joined from Sept-Dec 2009 as we got so many in this time. We discussed allowing them to carry over into 2010 and we agreed that we'd be generous and do so, even if our bylaws say differently.

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010

                Thank you for your generosity.

                Linda Pettaway