REMINDER: I HAVE ELEPHANTS IN MY GARDEN talk this Monday eve at Brookside

  • kathyjentz
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2013

      I HAVE ELEPHANTS IN MY GARDEN, SO WHAT’S YOUR PROBLEM?

      Monday, March 18, I HAVE ELEPHANTS IN MY GARDEN,  SO WHAT’S YOUR PROBLEM?, 8:00pm, Brookside Gardens,Visitors Center/Education Building, 1800 Glenallan Avenue, Wheaton, Maryland

      Hosted by the SILVER SPRING GARDEN CLUB
      Don’t start whining about moles, voles or even deer in your garden. I have elephants tracking up the grass. MY cats weigh over 300 pounds. And where do they sit?…Come learn about the challenges of Zoo horticulture and take away some practical techniques and tips that work for gardeners who don’t have elephants in their garden…or 500,000 guests a year, either.   Our speaker, Marie Mims Butler, took a degree from NC State University involving floriculture and landscape design. Her teaching experience in vocational horticulture and in Japanese flower arranging, a little State Department diplomacy, and the expense of four private tuitions served to land Marie Mims Butler in the Virginia Zoo. Sixteen years later, she is the Landscape Coordinator for this 53-acre, beautifully landscaped zoo in Norfolk, VA. She shares her earth-friendly practices with over 400 wild animals and even more wild children and adults.This talk is hosted by the Silver Spring Garden Club.
      Doors open at 7:30pm. Talk starts at 8pm. This event is Free. It is open to the public.

      Sincerely,
      Kathy Jentz
      Editor/Publisher
      Washington Gardener Magazine
      826 Philadelphia Ave.
      Silver Spring MD 20910
      301-588-6894
      WGardenermag@...
      www.WashingtonGardener.com

      Follow us on:
      http://twitter.com/WDCGardener
      facebook.com/WashingtonGardenerMagazine
      washingtongardener.blogspot.com

      Our mission: to help your Washington, DC, area garden grow better!
      Subscribe today for $20 a year by sending a check to the address above.
      The magazine makes a great gift for gardening friends!

      * Help save paper - do you need to print this email? *