Help Finding a First Age Story

  • DawnFelagund@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2007
      Hi, all,
      I was contacted by someone who really wants to find a First Age story that she read and enjoyed, but unfortunately, she cannot remember the title or author and did not bookmark it. I've never read it, but I was hoping that one of you might be able to help...might have written it, even?

      Here's the description that she sent me:

      > I read, quite some time ago, just a chapter about something in the First Age
      > in Valinor or Tol Eressea - the West...
      >
      > It was about two brothers - one was in a prison of some kind - while there,
      > his brother (or twin) was thrown in with him - the brother had been beaten
      > mercilessly - I lost the story and have wanted to find it. Might you be able
      > to help? I'm sorry - I have no names because the author used the Quenya
      > names which I always get mixed up with.

      Any ideas? Thanks!
      Dawn

      Read my stories or visit me online at http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=dawn_felagund

      Are you a relentless First-Ager?
      Check out the Silmarillion Writers' Guild at http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=silwritersguild.
      ~oOo~
    • MARINA
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2007
        boah!
         that gave me a plot bunny...awesome!
        Marina

        I was contacted by someone who really wants to find a First Age story that she read and enjoyed, but unfortunately, she cannot remember the title or author and did not bookmark it. I've never read it, but I was hoping that one of you might be able to help...might have written it, even?

        Here's the description that she sent me:

        > I read, quite some time ago, just a chapter about something in the First Age
        > in Valinor or Tol Eressea - the West...
        >
        > It was about two brothers - one was in a prison of some kind - while there,
        > his brother (or twin) was thrown in with him - the brother had been beaten
        > mercilessly - I lost the story and have wanted to find it. Might you be able
        > to help? I'm sorry - I have no names because the author used the Quenya
        > names which I always get mixed up with.

        Any ideas? Thanks!
        Dawn

        Read my stories or visit me online at http://www.livejour nal.com/userinfo .bml?user= dawn_felagund

        Are you a relentless First-Ager?
        Check out the Silmarillion Writers' Guild at http://www.livejour nal.com/userinfo .bml?user= silwritersguild.
        ~oOo~

        Add FUN to your email - CLICK HERE!
      • DawnFelagund@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2007
          Marina wrote:
          > boah!
          >
          > that gave me a plot bunny...awesome!

          Well even if we don't figure out the name of the story, at least one has gotten inspiration from the mere summary of it! So some good comes of it. ;)
          Best,

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 7, 2007
            YES!!! That launched something in my head :) I really had to write that bunny down..
            Marina