2006 MEFAs Nominations to Close Soon

  • Rhapsody
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2006
      On behalf of Marta, I am passing on this announcement:

      The end of nomination season is about to close soon, so
      perhaps some reminders are in order. :-)

      First, it is coming. Nomination Season ends on June 15, one second after
      23:59:59 GMT. All times are GMT and based on the official time used for
      the MEFA website. See "Page Served At: " at the bottom left corner of
      any MEFA page; this will display the official time that you displayed
      that page at. Make sure you get any stories you want to nominate,
      nominated by then.

      GMT probably isn't the same as your local time. It's currently 04:12:57
      AM on 6/6/06. For the current time around the world please see
      http://www.worldtimezones.com/ . For the convenience of Americans, New
      York is GMT-5 hours (it's currently 11:12:57 PM on 6/5/06).

      Second, don't forget poetry. If you have nominations left and would like
      to nominate your favourite poem, please go ahead and do that. Poetry is
      definitely eligible. Essays and WIPs, too.

      Third, if you are an author who has had a story nominated, make sure
      that you email your author liaison to let them know you've finished the
      nomination form when you have done that. You can see whether your
      nomination is complete by logging in to
      http://www.mefawards.net/MEFA2006/, clicking on "Browse Nominated
      Stories", and finding your story. If it says anything besides
      "Nomination Complete" and you think you've done everything you need to
      do, please email mefasupport@.... Nominators can also check this
      page to see if stories they nominated have been finalized. If you see
      one that hasn't and would like to offer help getting in touch with the
      author, please feel free to email the above email.

      Authors have until June 22 (one week after nominations close) to get
      their nominations finished. Otherwise they can't compete.

      If you haven't tried to nominate yet and plan to, please try sooner
      rather than later. If there's anything that needs fixing we want to have
      time to do it. :-)

      Please feel free to email mefasupport @ gmail.com with password
      requests, questions, and concerns.

      And I think that's about it! Happy nominating.

      Marta
    • DawnFelagund@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1 7:21 AM
        Sorry, Rhapsody, that this took so long to come through. I was working on the newsletter and noticed that we had a message caught in our "spam filter." I didn't even know that we had a spam filter. Yay for informing group owners about such details. ;) Anyway, I've set our spam filter to notify me when messages get caught in it, so hopefully it won't happen again. I'm a bit baffled too about how an on-topic message from one of our members who contributes the most could ever be read as spam, but there ya go....

        Hooray for Yahell. Well, I guess we get what we pay for. ;)
        Regards,

        Read my stories or visit me online at http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=dawn_felagund

        Are you a relentless First-Ager?
        Check out the Silmarillion Writers' Guild at http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=silwritersguild.