Exercise #15 is posted at "There and Back Again" & B2MEM

  • JunoMagic
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2006
      Hi all,

      Exercise #15 is posted at the writers' workshop "There and Back Again".

      "A Fish Out of Water"

      Sometimes our characters can become stuck in a rut, doing the same
      things in every scene with the same results. So...

      Write a scene for your character--drabble, vignette, short story--that
      forces him/her to deal with an unfamiliar situation.

      If you are interested in participating, please visit the workshop and
      have a look at the details of this exercise:

      We would also like to invite you to join "Ring-a-Ring-a-Challenge",
      our take on "B2MEM", the "Back to Middle-earth Month", which is taking
      place this March.

      The Henneth Annun Yahoo Group, the Henneth Annun Story Archive, the
      writers' workshop "There and Back Again" and Tolkien Fan Fiction are
      working together to challenge all writers of Tolkien fan fiction for

      And here's the Challenge:

      In the "Tale of the Years" Tolkien tells us about what happens to
      certain characters each day of March 3019. We challenge you to write
      about the character(s) he does NOT mention.

      Today's entry in the "Tale of the Years" is:

      "March 1. Frodo begins the passage of the Dead Marshes at dawn.
      Entmoot continues. Aragorn meets Gandalf the White. They set out for
      Edoras. Faramir leaves Minas Tirith on an errand to Ithilien."

      So what happens to the characters NOT mentioned in this entry by name?
      Or characters, such as wives, children or bad guys, that must have
      existed, but were never mentioned at all?

      Here's your chance: tell us about the characters that
      Tolkien did not mention for this day in Middle-earth, March 3019!

      Every day the entry of the "Tale of the Years" will be posted as a new
      writing cue at "There and Back Again" and the other participating
      groups and sites. Visit "There and Back Again", have a look at the
      daily writing cue and come back to Middle-earth!

      Aranel Took and JunoMagic,
      the moderators of "There 'n' Back"

      "There and Back Again (and how to get there in the first place)" -
      a writers' workshop for Tolkien fan fiction in LJ style: