February 2012 Newsletter Posted!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2012
      No, your eyes do not deceive you--the February 2012 edition of the SWG newsletter is on time this month! And it has lots of new stuff worth a look.

      http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org/news/february2012.php

      Of course, you will find news from within the SWG and beyond our borders. Back to Middle-earth Month (B2MeM) preparations are in full swing, as we have close to three dozen BINGO cards created by participants and many people signed up to play in this year's event. I will be releasing another round of new cards shortly, probably tomorrow, so stay tuned!

      Oshun has written another bang-up biography on Rochallor. Wait ... Fingolfin's horse? Yes ... but do not let Rochallor's beastly nature deceive you; yet again, Oshun has gifted us with a well researched and thought-provoking biography, as she looks at Rochallor's canonical role in his master's defiant and impetuous (totally Finwion!) final stand against Melkor. She also points to the significance of horses in heroic literature. Oshun does a consistently fabulous job on these monthly biographies, and Rochallor's joins her impressive list of biographies well worth a look.

      For those who have missed the Funnies section, we have excellent news--Pandemonium's clever Gothmog & Draugluin comic is back this month! Professor Thû and his Orcish assistant have just taken over Tol Sirion and need to take stock of the place. Welcome back, G&D crew--you have been missed!

      Many thanks to Oshun, Pandemonium, Rhapsody, and Angelica, our newsletter contributors who help keep SWG members informed and entertained!

      Best regards to all,