June 2011 Newsletter Posted!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2011
      Hi, all,

      Our newsletter for June 2011 is posted on the archive!

      http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org/news/june2011.php

      Now that I'm <em>freeeeeee</em> of school for the year, my comods and I have been stirring up lots to keep up busy over the summer, so I encourage everyone to check out the SWG News for information on our summer challenge, our forthcoming art gallery, a friendly reminder about image use on the archive, and an invitation to Dreamwidth. In addition, we have a list of all the stories posted during the month of May, new challenges, and announcements from groups beyond the SWG.

      Oshun has written a biography of Eöl for this month's Character of the Month. Although Eöl is yet another of Tolkien's "cardboard villains," Aredhel's attraction to him and older texts suggest he had more in common with the Noldor than his hatred of them suggests. His depiction also illustrates cultural differences between the Sindar and Noldor. Yet again, Oshun has put together an insightful and interesting look at a familiar character--it's well worth a read!

      Enjoy! :)

      Dawn

      http://themidhavens.net/heretic_loremaster/
      http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org