April 2011 Newsletter Posted!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2011
      Hi, everyone,

      Our newsletter for April 2011 has been posted!

      http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org/news/april2011.php

      In SWG news, we had a very successful Back to Middle-earth Month this year. You can find a list of the stories created for our 31 challenges in our newsletter, in addition to a list of non-B2MeM stories added and updated. In addition, we move from one "holiday" month right into another, with April being International Poetry Month. As always, we invite our members to try their hands at poetry. In addition, we've included a list of the poems posted on our archive by our members.

      Oshun has written a biography for us this month on Huan the Hound, a seemingly minor character of enormous plot importance and, also, deeper mythological significance. Once again, Oshun has taken a character with a small role and revealed multiple layers of why that character is significant to the story. I encourage you to check out her excellent essay!

      As always, we also have a section of the newsletter devoted to news and challenges from other groups outside of the SWG, so if you're longing for more challenges after B2MeM, take a look here for possibilities.

      Heartfelt thanks go to our newsletter contributors--Oshun, Rhapsody, and Angelica--who put the the bulk of the newsletter content together. (I just tack their work together, code and copyedit, and upload the finished file.) Thank you for the many hours of work you give to the group each month to keep us informed and entertained!

      Best regards,

      Dawn

      http://themidhavens.net/heretic_loremaster/
      http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org