January 2011 Newsletter (Finally!) Posted

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2011
      Hi, all,

      Thanks to holiday obligations among our contributors (including me), the newsletter is a bit later than usual this month, but it is at last posted!

      http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org/news/january2011.php

      I took on the Character of the Month biography this month and wrote about Vana, a woman who receives only the barest mentions in the published text but who has quite an intriguing history in the earliest versions of the myth. Pandemonium has contributed a new Gothmog and Draugluin comic in which our heroes go out and play in the snow ... or at least attempt to.

      In news, we have updates about the Library of Tirion and our recent software upgrade. We've added a new essay to our Reference Library, "Chronology of the Silmarillion," by clotho123, a valuable reference for sorting out timeframes in the myriad and often confusing timelines that Tolkien created. And we mods have written our annual New Year's letter, looking back at another successful year on the group and looking ahead to our goals for 2011.

      In challenges, we have a new challenge, revisit an old challenge, and have a new quote for consideration and inspiration. Finally, in Around the World and Web, we present announcements from other Tolkien groups.

      http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org/news/january2011.php

      Enjoy!

      Dawn

      http://themidhavens.net/heretic_loremaster/