November 2010 Newsletter Posted!

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2010
      Hi, all,

      Our November 2010 newsletter has been posted on the website:

      http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org/news/november2010.php

      Oshun has written a biography this month about Eärwen, a character with only a smattering of mentions across the texts. But, as Oshun reveals, those mentions provide a tantalizing glimpse of a woman who may have had more influence than her few appearances in the texts suggest. In "Linguistic Foolery" this month, Darth Fingon takes on the question of accents: How do you pronounce all those funny little symbols over the letters in Tolkien's languages? (How do you, for example, say Eärwen?) What do they mean? How important are they?

      In SWG-related news, we reached another milestone this past month with the 1000th story added to the archive! We are also opening up a new project, the Library of Tirion, in an effort to archive stories and authors who were writing before the SWG archive existed. We invite our members to suggest favorite authors and stories they'd like to see added to the archive. Speaking of the archive, if you're looking for something to read, check out the list of all the stories, ficlets, and essays added during the last month! Finally, as always, we have announcements from other groups outside of the SWG that might interest our members.

      http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org/news/november2010.php

      Enjoy!

      Dawn

      http://themidhavens.net/heretic_loremaster/