August 2010 Newsletter Posted!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2 7:00 PM
      Hi, everyone,

      The SWG's August newsletter is posted over on our website:

      http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org/news/august2010.php

      Among the news about the group, the theme schedule for our birthday event has been posted. (I haven't updated the birthday page or sidebar yet--those are on the agenda for tomorrow!) In the midst of the birthday excitement, it is also Akallabeth in August, our annual tradition of spotlighting the Second Age stories on the archive. A complete list of Second Age stories can be found in the newsletter. We also encourage our authors to write and share a piece of Second Age writing during the month of August.

      This month's newsletter also introduces a new section for updates on the archive. This section includes a list of all new, ongoing, and completed work posted on the archive. We hope it will help our members and visitors find stories they might have missed on the Most Recent list!

      Because it is Akallabeth in August, this month's character biography focuses on Amandil and was written by Russandol. Russandol's excellent essay delves deep into the texts to trace Amandil's history both as a character and in Tolkien's writings. She also poses several intriguing questions that might inspire some Second Age writing for Akallabeth in August!

      Also as part of the regular features, Pandemonium gives us another comic about the adorably funny Lil' Gothmog. In this month's comic, Gothmog receives an unwelcome introduction to grown-up suppertime fare.

      http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org/news/august2010.php

      I hope everyone enjoys the newsletter! :)

      Dawn

      http://themidhavens.net/heretic_loremaster/
      http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org