Re: Your Burning Linguistic Questions Answered!

  • nelyo_russandol
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1 10:29 AM
      1. Names of gems, metals and other glittery materials in Quenya/Sindarin. Was mithril platinum, titanium or neither? How about the Gates of Moria? Truly, I am desperate to know how to say mithril in Quenya.

      2. Sindarin of Imladris vs. "Sinlaegrim" on Mirkwood (like Spanglish these days) or "would Elladan and Elrohir ROTFL at Legolas' accent"?

      My two-pence!
      Russandol

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1 11:01 AM
        Ooops. Sinlaegrin, even. ;o)

      • heartofoshun@aol.com

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1 11:25 AM
            I can just see them turning up their noses, the snobs... On the other hand, perhaps Avarin accent is sexy? I am dying to find out.

            But please, Darth, tell me about mithril too!!