January 2010 Newsletter Posted

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2010
      Hi, all,

      The newsletter for this month has been posted on our website!

      http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org/news/january2010.php

      This month's newsletter contains news from in and around SWG as well as several columns and comics. Oshun returns to writing the Character of the Month biography with the first of a two-part series on Glorfindel. This month's article considers whether the two Glorfindels are the same person and looks at what the books have to say about them both. Darth Fingon takes a look at sources familiar and obscure in order to determine what holidays were celebrated by Elves in the First Age. He also offers advice on how to create your own holidays using Tolkien's texts as guidance. Finally, Pandemonium gives us our monthly dose of humor in her continuing comic series on the rescue of Maedhros: Fingon arrives at Thangorodrim and discovers Maedhros by singing an ancient Elven song.

      SWG is entering its fifth (!) year in 2010. We've come a long way from our origins as a simple Yahoo mailing list to an active website and archive, and as we look back at our accomplishments in '09 and our goals for 2010, we thank you--our members--for bringing us so far! Best wishes from all of the SWG moderators for a happy and inspired New Year!

      Dawn

      http://themidhavens.net/heretic_loremaster/
      http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org