July Newsletter Posted!

  • rhapsody_the_bard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2009
      Hi, all,

      With Dawn on holiday, I am posting the July newsletter. It can be found here: http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org/news/newsletter.php

      In this month's news, we have more information regarding this year's Akallabeth in August project. Writers and artists who like to play in the Second Age (or who would like to give it a try!) are encouraged to check out this project and contact us as soon as possible if you think you might want to participate. However with Dawn on holiday, our responses might be a tad slower.

      Another event which takes place in July is the International Day of Femslash, on the 18th of July to be precise. Just like last year we want to put a more neglected subgenre of Tolkien fan fiction in a spotlight and we invite our members to try their hands at femslash.

      We also want to put or Reference Section in the spotlight and we're hoping to re-acquaint our members with our budding Reference Library and perhaps nudge some of you to submit your non-fiction, essays, and commentary for inclusion. For more links and information, do check the newsletter!

      Of course, the highlight of the newsletter is the columns, and this month we have a different biography writer. Russandol wrote an elaborate biography about Maeglin.

      This month we are still continuing the challenge, "Fanon Inverted," that asks you to pick a fanon loved or loathed, turn it on its head, and write a story to fit. And, of course, we revisit an older challenge and have a new quote of the month as well. Finally, Around the World and Web covers news and announcements from groups outside of the SWG that we think might be of interest to our members.

      Enjoy!

      Rhapsody