Second Ever Smut Writing Workshop!

  • JunoMagic
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hi all,

      The LiveJournal Community "There and Back Again", an online writers'
      workshop for fanfic of all fandoms and o-fic, is hosting its second
      ever SMUT workshop:

      http://community.livejournal.com/there_n_back/130641.html

      In part 1 of the workshop we will read seven example scenes from
      fanfic and o-fic stories and discuss them.

      Part 2 of the workshop will feature an essay, useful links and reading
      recommendations and, of course, more discussion.

      In part 3 we want to identify an aspect that has been difficult for us
      to write in the past, write a short scene to improve on that, and
      discuss the results.

      Everyone is invited to join and participate! Please note: Due to the
      nature of the workshop you have to be legal to read explicit adult
      content in your country of residence to participate according to the
      TOS of LiveJournal.

      Well?

      Whatever are you still here for?

      I know that you're dying to try and guess which example is fanfic and
      which was written by an honest-to-goodness bestselling author!

      But honest - that doesn't matter at all.

      Read the examples.
      Read the questions.

      Think about what works for you and why.
      Think about what you are missing and why.

      Join the discussion.

      And most of all: HAVE FUN!

      Cheers,
      JunoMagic and Aranel Took

      ***

      "There and Back Again (and how to get there in the first place)" -
      an online writers' workshop for fanfic & o-fic in LJ style:
      http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=there_n_back
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
        Juno, this sounds like a lot of fun! (And a very valuable experience!) I hope that I can participate beyond just lurking. :)

        I've also added this to the SWG Around the World and Web section as well, if you don't mind!

        Dawn

        www.silmarillionwritersguild.org
      • JunoMagic
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2008
          --- In SilmarillionWritersGuild@yahoogroups.com, "Dawn Felagund"
          <DawnFelagund@...> wrote:

          > Juno, this sounds like a lot of fun! (And a very valuable experience!) I
          > hope that I can participate beyond just lurking. :)
          >
          > I've also added this to the SWG Around the World and Web section as
          well, if
          > you don't mind!

          No, I don't mind at all! Thank you! The more, the merrier! :-)