August 2008 Newsletter

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
      Hi, everyone,

      The newsletter for August has been posted on our website and on our LJ.

      http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org/news/august2008.php

      http://community.livejournal.com/silwritersguild/124597.html

      This month, we turn our attention to the Second Age with an AkallabĂȘth challenge. Marta has put together for us a fantastic biography of Isildur that may get the plotbunnies nibbling on even the best-protected ankles. Need a Second Age story to read? Check out our News section for a complete list from our archive and, of course, a host of other events from in and around SWG.

      Enjoy!

      Dawn

      www.silmarillionwritersguild.orgGmail - Compose Mail - dawnfelagund@...
    • Marta
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
        Thank you for putting together this newsletter. I love the Akallabeth,
        and so was delighted to see so many recommendations.

        In honor of the Akallabeth in August, I have reposted a
        Numenor-centric drabble series of mine at SWG. While the series is not
        new, it is new to SWG, and I hope it inspires some of you to write
        more stories about the many dramatic events of the Akallabeth.

        Of Numenor That Was
        http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org/archive/home/viewstory.php?sid=368

        We are told in the Akallabeth that, in the last years of Numenor,
        Sauron encouraged the Numenoreans to make human sacrifices to Morgoth.
        This is the story of the last sacrifice before the Downfall.

        Marta