3576Back to Middle-earth Month Has Begun!

    Feb 28, 2014
      Every March, a handful of Tolkien fan communities put together and run Back to Middle-earth Month--affectionately known as B2MeM--in order to encourage creativity based on the works of J.R.R. Tolkien. Every B2MeM event is different but all share the aim of encouraging Tolkien fans to try new things as readers, writers, and artists and to bring together fans who ordinarily don't get much chance to interact and appreciate each other's work. This year's B2MeM theme is the Seasons of Middle-earth, and we are putting together a compilation of stories, poetry, and art based on Tolkien's books. Every day during March, we will unlock new stories and art written for season-related prompts. The first two pieces--a series of haiku and a Numenorean costume--have been unlocked and can be enjoyed on our community here:

      But sitting back to enjoy the talents of our writers and artists isn't all we have going on this month! We also have a review challenge to encourage readers to share the love with our writers and artists.

      Also, if you'd like to create something for this year's prompts, we welcome all B2MeM-inspired writing and art (as long as it is Tolkien-based) on our community. We will be unlocking anything that wasn't created for the compilation every Sunday (except for the final week, when the non-compilation pieces will be unlocked on Saturday). For more information on how to share your work this March, see this post:

      May the muses smile upon you,

      Dawn
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic