3548My Slashy Valentine 2014 - Sign-ups beginning today!

  • red_lasbelin
    Dec 11, 2013

      Sign up now for My Slashy Valentine 2014: a Tolkien Slash exchange! From the Years of the Trees through the Fourth Age – it's time once again to make your Tolkien FPS fanfic dreams come true…

      Have you always wanted to read a certain pairing or scenario, but couldn't write it yourself? Or have a plot bunny that's been rolling around in your mind, but just can't see yourself writing that particular story?

      Have it written for you – specifically and especially for your own sweet self! And share your own fic gift in exchange!

      That’s right, it’s time for My Slashy Valentine! The exchange focuses on the Elves, Men, Dwarves, Valar and Maiar of J.R.R. Tolkien's legendarium. Maybe it’s Gildor and Glorfindel you love, or perhaps Boromir-on-Theodred strikes your fancy... or maybe Lúthien and Thuringwethil is your OTP? From the Years of the Trees to the Fourth Age, from sultry tales of the Silmarillion to romances in the Ring Wars – spread the word, recruit your friends and fellow authors, and have some fun!

      Sign-ups begin Wednesday, December 11, 2013 and will close at midnight (GMT-5:00) on Sunday, December 22, 2013. For first time participants, stories will be due by February 1st, and for returning writers they will be due on February 8th. They will be unveiled on ArchiveofourOwn.org My Slashy Valentine 2014 Collection  <http://archiveofourown.org/collections/2014_MSV> on February 14th, 2014.

      How does a fiction exchange work? It's simple. READ THE RULES posted in the Slashy Santa LJ community (link here <http://slashy-santa.livejournal.com/75260.html> ) and you will find a link to the sign-up page where you may specify a pairing, rating, and the plot elements you would like to read, as well as the elements you are willing to write, and someone will write a story for you. In exchange, you will write a story for someone else using the specifications they provide.

      Even if you don't want to take part in the exchange, you can still elect to be a reserve writer to be called upon in case of an emergency. Just say so on the signup form.

      All we ask is that you adhere to some basic rules - If you sign up, please make sure that you can follow through and write at least 1,200 words. Please note also that this is a SLASH only FPS exchange (no RPS or het, please).

      PLEASE NOTE: If you have defaulted in previous years, you will NOT be allowed to participate this year! These stories are gifts for your friends and fellow fans, and it is incredibly disappointing for a participant who has worked hard to turn in their own story only to find that we have nothing to give them. There will be no exceptions to this rule.

      Visit the Swap Rules and FAQ <http://www.slashysanta.com/rules.html> for the full set of rules and Frequently Asked Questions.

      Here are some important dates to make note of:

      * Dec. 11th - 22nd : Sign-up period

      * Dec. 28th: Assignments delivered

      * Feb. 1st: Stories due from first time participants

      * Feb. 8th: Stories due from returning writers

      * Feb. 14th: Archive opens

      Come check out SlashySanta.com <http://www.slashysanta.com/eFiction> and peruse some of the past entries - they're terrific and will give you an idea of what's in store!

      Hope to see you there!

      The Slashy Mod