Re: Need Quiet AGP 4X Graphics Card Suggestions

  • krustybarthomer
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 1, 2006
      Went back to my initial choice when I found them still for sale:

      http://tw2005.giga-byte.com/VGA/Products/Products_GV-N66256DP.htm

      Hope it works on my 4x Tyan S2080 mobo with 1.33 Ghz Tualatin Celeron
      w/ 512mb PC133.

      My CPU/system probably wouldn't drive a x800 to its' full potential,
      so chose a Fanless 8 pipe 256mb 6600 as a price/performance
      compromise. 6600 has latest Vertex and Pixel Shader FWIW, even though
      the x800 is faster.

      Hope to run 2D Fanless/underclocked, and 3D with a low noise Panaflow.

      Bought here:

      http://www.pc4people.com/proddetail.php?prod=37549

      Was sold out here. Now available:

      http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=322276&prodlist=froogle

      Will post results.
    • Marc van Gemert
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 7, 2006
        So and have you received the card? How does it perform compared to your
        Ti4200?

        Op 2-jun-06 om 6:47 heeft krustybarthomer het volgende geschreven:

        > Went back to my initial choice when I found them still for sale:
        >
        > http://tw2005.giga-byte.com/VGA/Products/Products_GV-N66256DP.htm
        >
        > Hope it works on my 4x Tyan S2080 mobo with 1.33 Ghz Tualatin Celeron
        > w/ 512mb PC133.
        >
        > My CPU/system probably wouldn't drive a x800 to its' full potential,
        > so chose a Fanless 8 pipe 256mb 6600 as a price/performance
        > compromise. 6600 has latest Vertex and Pixel Shader FWIW, even though
        > the x800 is faster.
        >
        > Hope to run 2D Fanless/underclocked, and 3D with a low noise Panaflow.
        >

        > http://www.silentpcreview.com/article314-page1.html
        >
        > Bought here:
        >
        > http://www.pc4people.com/proddetail.php?prod=37549
        >

        > Was sold out here. Now available:
        >
        > http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?
        > ProductCode=322276&prodlist=froogle
        >

        > Will post results.
      • krustybarthomer
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 8, 2006
          Ordered it, but still waiting for the GV-N66256DP.

          I'll post results.

          --- In Silent-PC@yahoogroups.com, Marc van Gemert <listz@...> wrote:

          > So and have you received the card? How does it perform compared to
          your
          > Ti4200?
          >

          > Op 2-jun-06 om 6:47 heeft krustybarthomer het volgende geschreven:
          >
          > > Went back to my initial choice when I found them still for sale:
          > >
          > > http://tw2005.giga-byte.com/VGA/Products/Products_GV-N66256DP.htm
          > >
          > > Hope it works on my 4x Tyan S2080 mobo with 1.33 Ghz Tualatin Celeron
          > > w/ 512mb PC133.
          > >
          > > My CPU/system probably wouldn't drive a x800 to its' full potential,
          > > so chose a Fanless 8 pipe 256mb 6600 as a price/performance
          > > compromise. 6600 has latest Vertex and Pixel Shader FWIW, even though
          > > the x800 is faster.
          > >
          > > Hope to run 2D Fanless/underclocked, and 3D with a low noise Panaflow.
          > >

          > > http://www.silentpcreview.com/article314-page1.html
          > >
          > > Bought here:
          > >
          > > http://www.pc4people.com/proddetail.php?prod=37549
          > >

          > > Was sold out here. Now available:
          > >
          > > http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?
          > > ProductCode=322276&prodlist=froogle
          > >

          > > Will post results.

        • krustybarthomer
          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 22, 2006
            Unfortunately I have not received my card from pc4people.com.
            I have filed a claim against pc4people.com

            --- In Silent-PC@yahoogroups.com, "krustybarthomer"
            <krustybarthomer@...> wrote:

            > Ordered it, but still waiting for the GV-N66256DP.
            >
            > I'll post results.

          • james
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 22, 2006
              stick with newegg.com

              --- krustybarthomer <krustybarthomer@...> wrote:

              > Unfortunately I have not received my card from
              > pc4people.com.
              > I have filed a claim against pc4people.com
              >

              > --- In Silent-PC@yahoogroups.com, "krustybarthomer"
              > <krustybarthomer@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Ordered it, but still waiting for the GV-N66256DP.
              > >
              > > I'll post results.

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • John Paterson
              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 23, 2006
                While we are keeping this open mate... I saw an ad today for a Zalman VGA cooler. A VF900 that uses two heat pipes to bring the heat up where the fan is most effective. It looks simple, and effective.

                Just an FYI.

                Sorry about your troubles.
                John.

                <krustybarthomer@...> wrote:

                > Ordered it, but still waiting for the GV-N66256DP.
                >
                > I'll post results.

              • krustybarthomer
                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 24, 2006
                  Thanks.
                  The VF900 gets pretty good reviews. I use a Zalman 3100 on
                  my CPU. Usually shop Newegg, but they didn't carry the 6600
                  AGP at the time.

                  --- In Silent-PC@yahoogroups.com, "John Paterson" <duroby@...> wrote:

                  > While we are keeping this open mate... I saw an ad today for a
                  Zalman VGA cooler. A VF900 that uses two heat pipes to bring the heat
                  up where the fan is most effective. It looks simple, and effective.

                  > Just an FYI.
                  >
                  > Sorry about your troubles.
                  > John.

                  Suggestions - Beware pc4people.com