Party Pardee Ride

  • GregQQ
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17, 2010
      Brentwood Club members:

      Check out this metric ride (which can easily be expanded into a century if, after passing Pardee Dam, you turn right and survive Stoney Creek road to Jackson then return to Ione via Sutter Creek) which passes around three lakes and climbs nearly 4000 feet.  This would be a fantastic Intermediate & Advance club ride; but SAG is highly recommended.

      This is one of the Saturday rides the (Galt) M360 group does in preparation for their annual Hwy 1, 360 miles, 6-day ride (Watsonville to Malibu) they do end of June. The day we rode this was early June and the temp was 96' (which made for a tough day).  Didn't realize it was in-fact the Pardee Party Century ride (could never get registered...fills-up too fast) until I read this article.

      If anyone is interested, then we could add this as a future "out-of-town" ride; already have route maps.  The countryside scenery is beautiful.  From Brentwood, drive time to Ione is about 1.5 hrs. For the thrill seekers, adding Stoney Creek loop will be a challenge!

      Greg Lozaga
      "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take...but by the moments that take away our breath."
      PS:  I've added (Bcc:) a couple individual names (not Brentwood Club members) only as a "FYI" as possible future rides.
      From: Roberta and Don Hoffman <@...>
      Subject: Party Pardee Ride
      To: @yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, September 17, 2010, 7:27 AM

      Story with graphics about Party Pardee Century (course map at end of story).

    • Shelley Marenka

        From: Roberta and Don Hoffman <@comcast.net>
        To: @yahoogroups.com
        Date: Friday, September 17, 2010, 7:27 AM

        Story with graphics about Party Pardee Century (course map at end of story).

        --
        Shelley Marenka, USA Cycling Coach
        Get On Your MARK Cycling Adventures

        LIKE GetOnYourMARK at
        www.facebook.com/GetOnYourMARK

        Website:www.GetOnYourMARK.com

        JOIN OUR CYCLING CLUB!

      • Donnie Hawkins
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 17, 2010
          Thanks to all that came out Tuesday! I happened to be at a funeral during the day and wasn't sure if I was gonna make the ride. I phoned Steve on the way from the bay area and asked if he would bring my bike and gear from work and meet me there. Still wasnt sure if I'd ride but when I drove into the parking lot and saw the happy and eager faces ready to go I felt the ride would do me good. Thanks Steve for hooking me up!!!! No newbies this time as Steve and Lynette, Lawren and Debbie, Sue and our fearless leader Shelly!!! came out. Well I had to get out of my black garb so the gang headed out to Ironstone to warm up as I got ready to ride and took off to catch up. I met up with Steve and Lynette and Sue coming back as the others went to the dirt road. As we headed back to the parking lot Sue and Lynette zoomed on down the hill as me and Steve chatted away as I wasnt at work during the day. When we got to the parking lot, Sue was nowhere to be found.hmmmm..asked Lynette and she said "she just went on as I turned in"...hmmmm . Ok maybe she went to the restroom. Steve went to the restroom and when he came back I asked him if he saw Sue....."Nope, I'll go see if I can find her"...so off he went.....hmmmm. The others came back and we decided on our route and Steve came back and said "No Sue"...hmmmmmmmmm. Well we decided the gang would go up French Gulch and I'd go down the grade to hopefully catch and find Sue. As I came to Aloha she comes zooming out onto the grade road and I'm yelling "HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"...lol. She just thought she'd get a jump on everyone....lol...crazy girl. So her and I went into Greenhorn and waited for the group at the entrance. Man that Sue knows everyone!!!!!!!!!! She knew the woman leaving the parking lot in SaveMart. She knew the all the people walking their dogs. She knew the guy in his truck at the stoplight. She knew the student crossing the road at Bret Harte. She knew the squirrel climbing the tree at the entrance to GreenHorn...all by first name!!!!!!!!!! Well the group sans Shelly(she had to get to an appointment so headed up the grade) caught up and we journeyed into our cozy ride through Greenhorn and Lawren, Debbie and Lynette got ahead of us and I told Sue,"Dont let them get away!!!!!" And I gave her a slight "Madison" style shove to get her going. Yeehaww!!!! That Bridgestone was moving!!!!!!!!!! Her legs were pedaling as hard as they could and she was flying!!!! and she caught the group!!!! Unfortunately at the expense of making any record breaking runs on the ride in up the grade road but oh well, it was worth it!!!! Her and I took a little short cut and as we came out of Greenhorn the other four were doing an awesome Sierra FootHills paceline with Steve and Lawren pulling the girls as they flew by us two!...Incredible!!!!! So me and Sue Lumbered on up the grade road and I'm sure Lawren and Debbie were well into their fish taco meal as we got in....oh by the way...Lawren informed me that he's gonna ride that fish taco train till it aint offered anymore and I can't blame him....fish tacos at Firewood in the company of the wonderful Debbie...whats not to like about that!!!!!!!! Well Im off to a well deserved weeklong biking vacation to Tahoe to celebrate mine and Lisa's 25th anniversary!!!! So I wont be at the ride next Tuesday (well a 1% chance...lol). So you all have a great ride and tonites ride was just what I needed and I thank you all..See you soon...Donnie.

          From: Roberta and Don Hoffman <@comcast.net>
          To: @yahoogroups.com
          Date: Friday, September 17, 2010, 7:27 AM

          Story with graphics about Party Pardee Century (course map at end of story).

          http://www.sacbee.com/2010/09/16/3032157/it-has-its-ups-and-downswaves.html