Bike vs car accident on Hwy 4 Thursday

  • captbrewster
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2010
      There was an accident on Hwy 4 near Red Hills Rd Thursday afternoon/evening involving a bicyclist. The cyclist was evacuated by helicopter with "serious injuries" according to Pine Tree.net.

      Just wondering if anybody knows any details? Identity of the victim perhaps? If there is any support that we as fellow cyclists can offer?
    • Shelley Marenka
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2010

        Hello friends,
        Syndey priest is the cyclist that got hit. She has ridden with us on our tuesday night rides and is Monas riding partner. We just got an update on her - she is in a Modesto hospital with some broken bones, punctured lung, and a concussion. She is in stable condition at the moment.
        I am trying to reach mona to get details and find out how we all mite help.

        This is so tragic! I know it hits close to home to all of us.
        Pls lift Sydney up in your thoughts and prayers .
        I know we all wish the best for her.

        I'll keep u posted as I can.
        Also , more info at thepinetree. Net

        Bless you all, Shelley
        Sent from my iPhone

        On Sep 3, 2010, at 6:45 AM, "captbrewster" <brucelodge@...> wrote:

        There was an accident on Hwy 4 near Red Hills Rd Thursday afternoon/evening involving a bicyclist. The cyclist was evacuated by helicopter with "serious injuries" according to Pine Tree.net.

        Just wondering if anybody knows any details? Identity of the victim perhaps? If there is any support that we as fellow cyclists can offer?

      • Donnie Hawkins
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2010
          Aww man.............. To hear this news is never pleasing but to have it happen to someone close to you and in our area is so shocking and terrible. Sydney is such a wonderful spirit and a joy to see and talk with while riding together. Does anyone know which hospital in Modesto she is at? I live in Escalon so I am not far from any Modesto Hospital. My prayers are with her and her family and hope she recovers quickly and fully.