Rob needs help! Any members use Internet Explorer?

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 25, 2012
      Once again, I have come to the well - seeking your wisdom!

      We have some customers who are using IE and are unable to sign in...

      With the members' login box there is a "Website is requesting you sign-in in an unsecure manner" yadda yadda...

      Then, when the username and pw are typed in... it comes back with the pw space blank... and it appears to be a closed loop failure...

      I have tried lowering security, putting in the sign in URL as a trusted site... and nothing seems to work.

      I, personally, have IE 8 .... (although I and a die-hard Firefox fan and use it exclusively)...

      So.... HELP!!! We have customers with one week memberships who cannot login!!!!

      Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      hugz
      rob
      crazy ol moderator
    • Lois Fitzpatrick
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 25, 2012
        For what it's worth, I have a similar problem signing into Facebook
        sometimes, using IE9. The two work-arounds I have found are:

        Using Firefox to sign in, instead of IE

        or

        using a free program I found which lets me choose which browser to open when
        I click on a link.

        Lois a/k/a SewMagical

        The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to
        grow sharper.

      • Jolene Ehret
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 25, 2012
          I use Foxfire... Jolene
        • Ann Scheider
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 26, 2012
            Anne Cole Fairfield posted on your Wall
            "Ann, you've been hacked! Change your password, malware Bytes stopped some nasties."
            I can not get in to facebook I do not know what to do.
            I got this E-Mail. and I got this one befor for that one and I opened it and that is when I could not get into facebook. here it is what I got Please let them know not to open this typ of thing. Please. Ann Scheider

            Hi Ann,
            Nani Evette (friends with Staffon Prime-Time Smith) commented on Staffon Prime-Time Smith's post.
            Nani wrote: "whate are you doinggg in this vvviddeo ? https://apps.facebook.com/153995858052041/?kqkx lol!"

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 26, 2012
              I have problems with IE always....But do not have problems with Firefox I
              have to download things with Firefox.. IE will not download them..I think
              this is an IE problem.. BTW it is not just sick designs that do this either
              with IE it is many things....HTH sherry

              ~If my People who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and
              seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways. then will I hear from heaven,
              and forgive their sins and heal their land...2Chronicles 7:14

              > Once again, I have come to the well - seeking your wisdom!
              >
              > We have some customers who are using IE and are unable to sign in...
              >
              > With the members' login box there is a "Website is requesting you sign-in
              > in an unsecure manner" yadda yadda...
              >
              > Then, when the username and pw are typed in... it comes back with the pw
              > space blank... and it appears to be a closed loop failure...
              >
              > I have tried lowering security, putting in the sign in URL as a trusted
              > site... and nothing seems to work.
              >
              > I, personally, have IE 8 .... (although I and a die-hard Firefox fan and
              > use it exclusively)...
              >
              > So.... HELP!!! We have customers with one week memberships who cannot
              > login!!!!
              >
              > Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              >
              > hugz
              > rob
              > crazy ol moderator
              >

              > ------------------------------------
              >
              > Subscribe to the Designsbysick.com newsletter to say informed of new
              > releases and specials:
              > http://www.designsbysick.com/newsletter
              >
              > Embroidery Links:
              > Designs and Fonts: http://www.designsbysick.com
              > Free PES Every Day: http://freepes.designsbysick.com
              > Forums: http://forums.designsbysick.com
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • JOHN BELCHER
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 1, 2012
                I use Internet Explorer 9 and have never had any problems logging in, downloading, browsing, etc. She should go to tools, internet options and check her privacy and security settings.

                Donna