RE: [SiCKDesigns] Re: Bobbin threads

  • PATRICIA SCHMIEDL
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 4, 2009
      Hi Anne, I bought some tubing today and tried it. This is just what I need. Thanks everyone!

      Trish in AZ
      www.TrishsThreadsAndNeedles.com
      www.mysticfibers.com
      www.myspace.com/trishvance
      www.facebook.com/people/Trish-Schmiedl/821498728

      To: SiCKDesigns@yahoogroups.com
      From: atmack10@...
      Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 00:58:38 +0000
      Subject: [SiCKDesigns] Re: Bobbin threads

      Hi Trish, Go to Home Depot or Lowes and purchase some clear plastic tubing closest to the diameter of the bobbin, measure the inside width and slice the tubing that measurment. you will have little circles of tubing. Then make a diagonal cut in the little circular piece, then place it around the thread in the bobbin. It's cheaper than bobbin buddies and you can see the color of the thread. the bobbins will also fitin the round magnetic bobbin holder. Hope this helps. Anne

      --- In SiCKDesigns@yahoogroups.com, "trish_threads_needles" <pschmiedl@...> wrote:

      > I have a question, I use a lot of bobbins. One of my older embroidery machines would always show the bobbin thread. I also do a lot of sewing so have lots of bobbins. They make a horrible mess with tangled threads. How do you all keep the threads from becoming all knotted together?
      >
      > Trish in AZ
      > www.TrishsThreadsAndNeedles.com
      > www.mysticfibers.com

    • Rhonda Slack
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 4, 2009
        wow..... which Mulqueens? I go to the one on Main Street in Mesa AZ.

        That's where I got my Brother embroidery machine and my Janome Memory Craft Sewing Machine.

        I went to the Floriani Stabilizer seminar there a couple years ago too.

        Small world..... but I think they have one in Glendale?

        Rhonda

        digitizer for SiCK and designsbyrhonda

        PS: someone was saying Sewers Gutter and then said we were at sick designs.....

        just wanted you all to know where SiCK comes from....... The owner

        Shawn is Charles Knight................. aka........ SiCK

        http://designsbyrhonda.com/

        http://myembroiderystore.com/

        To: SiCKDesigns@yahoogroups.com
        From: lcook7281@...
        Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 08:59:54 -0700
        Subject: Re: [SiCKDesigns] Bobbin threads

        Clover has one I love. Here is the link on their website. I was able to purchase mine at Mulqueens in Arizona.
        http://www.clover-usa.com/product/270905/9508/_/Stack_'N_Store_Bobbin_Tower_with_Nancy_Zieman
        Lisa

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 5, 2009
          I use the clear tubing also. I found that if it was not thick walled it did not work well. The thicker walls helped it to maintain the shape and hold the bobbin thread. The tubes I have cut measure
          ID (inside diameter) about .5 inches,
          OD (outside diameter) about .75 inches,
          so the thickness is about .25 inches. The best way I have found to cut the slices from the tube is use a single edge razor blade and dip it in rubbing alcohol before each slice, then cut the circle open. This makes it cut like butter!
          Charlene in West Central Louisiana

          --- In SiCKDesigns@yahoogroups.com, "elcyndo" <thredz@...> wrote:
          >> Trish,
          >
          > This sounds crazy but it works great. I purchase clear tubing at the hardware store (it's the kind used for small water pumps)the hole of the tubing being about 1/4" across. Measure the inside width of you bobbin (where the thread is) and cut a piece of tubing that length. You should have a small round cirle of cut tubing. Now cut the circle open, then place this strip around the thread of the bobbin. For all the cutting I use an exacto knife.
          > This is a cheap method and makes gobs of holders.
          >
          > Cyndee in NC

        • Toni Kellum
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 5, 2009
            I use a lot of bobbins too. I stick the end of the thread over the top of the bobbin with a very small piece of scotch tape. Hope this helps.
            Toni K.

          • PATRICIA SCHMIEDL
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 6, 2009
              Hi, there is also one on 59th Ave. and Northern on the SW corner.

              Trish in AZ
              www.TrishsThreadsAndNeedles.com
              www.mysticfibers.com
              www.myspace.com/trishvance
              www.facebook.com/people/Trish-Schmiedl/821498728

              > To: sickdesigns@yahoogroups.com
              > From: rlslack@...
              > Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 20:27:13 -0700
              > Subject: [SiCKDesigns] RE:Mulqueens
              >
              > wow..... which Mulqueens? I go to the one on Main Street in Mesa AZ.
              >
              > That's where I got my Brother embroidery machine and my Janome Memory Craft Sewing Machine.
              >
              > I went to the Floriani Stabilizer seminar there a couple years ago too.
              >
              > Small world..... but I think they have one in Glendale?
              >

              > Rhonda
              >
              > digitizer for SiCK and designsbyrhonda
              >

              > PS: someone was saying Sewers Gutter and then said we were at sick designs.....
              >
              > just wanted you all to know where SiCK comes from....... The owner
              >

              > Shawn is Charles Knight................. aka........ SiCK
              >
              > http://designsbyrhonda.com/
              >
              > http://myembroiderystore.com/
              >

              > To: SiCKDesigns@yahoogroups.com
              > From: lcook7281@...
              > Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 08:59:54 -0700
              > Subject: Re: [SiCKDesigns] Bobbin threads
              >

              > Clover has one I love. Here is the link on their website. I was able to purchase mine at Mulqueens in Arizona.
              > http://www.clover-usa.com/product/270905/9508/_/Stack_'N_Store_Bobbin_Tower_with_Nancy_Zieman
              > Lisa

            • Lisa Cook
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 6, 2009
                I assume you are talking about the big store. My mother used to work for Pat several years ago. Pat has taken very good care of me and my machine even though I purchased it out of state. When I go and visit my mom I make a stop in and restock my supplies because his employees care better than the ones I am dealing with in UT.

                Lisa

                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 8, 2009
                  Toni, I do the same with my bobbins except I use the blue painters/masking tape. I cut a small strip and fold about a third of it over onto itself to make a tab. It is cheap, easy to see, and much easier for my old hands to handle than some other things :-)

                  Jean