CRA seeks Principal Investigator for Richmond, Virginia, office

  • Charles M. Niquette
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2013

      For the past three decades, Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc. (CRA) has been recognized as one of the most respected full-service cultural resource consulting firms in the United States. Headquartered in Lexington, Kentucky, CRA has offices located throughout the United States. Our mission is to meet the client’s needs in the delivery of appropriate, high-quality, cost-effective consulting services in the study of archaeology and the historic built environment. CRA’s accomplishments are directly attributable to our core values: excellent service, respecting all people, building strong relationships, honesty, integrity, supporting our employees, and entrepreneurial spirit. To attract and retain the best talent, CRA shares its success with its employees and offers competitive salaries and a generous benefit package. For more information about CRA please visit our website at www.crai-ky.com. CRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

      CRA’s Richmond, Virginia office seeks a Principal Investigator with Mid-Atlantic or Southeastern U.S. experience.  The qualified candidate must have a graduate degree in Anthropology and a minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Principal Investigator.  Candidate must meet the Secretary of the Interior Standards (36 CFR 61) in archaeology, and should have demonstrated skills in CRM, including supervisory experience on Phase I, II and III projects.  Applicant will be registered with the Register of Professional Archaeologists or will be eligible for registration.  Candidate must demonstrate extensive knowledge of regional prehistory  and historic archaeology.  Experience in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and/or North Carolina is a must with transportation project experience a plus.  The candidate will be expected to manage and direct compliance projects for clients in both the public and private sectors, including multiple projects at a time.  Expect frequent stays away from the office.  Specific duties include working with staff to prepare proposals and budgets, develop scopes of work, oversee projects and manage field crews, conduct analyses, interpret analytical data, and write reports.   Ability to use GPS units, electronic theodolite and drive 4-wheel drive vehicles in rough terrain is preferable.  Working knowledge of GIS applications is a plus. We are looking for someone who is detail oriented, has strong organization skills, is comfortable with complex survey and excavation logistics, has excellent verbal and written communication skills, and is technologically proficient including experience with databases.  It is imperative that the candidate be able to work 8 to 10 hour days (or longer if necessary) in a variety of conditions. Stooping, bending and lifting are essential functions of this position.

      The position is a full-time, salaried position with a full benefit package. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please submit letter of interest, resume, three professional references, and writing sample to Bridgette Robinson via email at barobinson@.... CRA employees are required to undergo a background check that includes driving history.  CRA reserves the right to perform drug/alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment. Please contact Kay Simpson (ksimpson@...) via email or phone (804) 921-7074 with questions about the position.

      30year-300px

    • Charles M. Niquette