MAC is hiring Field Techs working out of Bismarck, ND

  • Human Resources
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 9:44 AM
      FIELD TECHNICIAN POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE IN NORTH DAKOTA

      Metcalf Archaeological Consultants, Inc., an employee-owned provider of cultural resource management consulting services, is looking for archaeological field technicians for the 2013 field season working out of our Bismarck, ND office.

      Qualifications for the position include:

      • B.A. or B.S. in Anthropology, Archaeology, History, or a related discipline
      • Prior experience working on archaeological projects is highly preferred and will be accepted in lieu of a B.A. or B.S
      • Working knowledge of the prehistory and/or history of one or more of MAC’s areas of operation is preferred
      • Good written and verbal communication skills
      • Able to meet the physical requirements of the job (working in often very hot or very cold conditions, lifting up to 40 lbs., walking long distances with gear, etc.)

      These positions are hourly, temporary, and project-specific. Project locations may be in North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, or adjacent states and include all phases of archaeological work (i.e., survey, testing, and data recovery). Projects may require extended field time, typically on a 9 days on, 5 days off schedule, although schedules will vary from project to project. During such projects, hotel lodgings are paid directly by the company. When possible single rooms are provided, although on rare occasions double occupancy may be necessary. In some cases, camping may be required. Per Diem is typically $46. MAC also offers a variety of benefits for our temporary employees.  Wages range from $13 -$16/hour and are commensurate with educational level and work experience.

      For more information please see the job posting on our website.

      If you are interested please apply online at our website:  http://www.metcalfarchaeology.com; or email your resume/CV and cover letter to:  hr@....

      Metcalf Archaeological Consultants is an equal opportunity employer and a 100% employee-owned firm that values our employees!

    • Human Resources