SWCA Environmental Consultants | Cultural Resource Technician Salt Lake City UT)

  • swcarecruiter
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2013
      Cultural Resource Technician - Temporary
      Salt Lake City, Utah

      SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking Technicians for the Cultural Resources Program of our Salt Lake City office. We are looking for Cultural Resource Technicians for survey and excavation projects during the 2013 field season. A Cultural Resource Technician performs fieldwork and other tasks under the direction of a Field Manager, Project Manager, and/or Principal Investigator.

      Project work will occur primarily throughout Utah and Nevada, though opportunities to work in other states may also arise. Preference will be given to individuals based in or willing to relocate to the Salt Lake City area (SWCA is unable to provide reimbursement for relocation expenses). Successful candidates will be able to thrive in our team-oriented approach to project completion. The position requires the ability to travel; the ability to conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, and at high altitudes; and the ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds. Some projects may require remote camping. For camping projects, SWCA will provide water, communal cooking equipment, showering facilities, and a trailer or other form of communal shelter, but food and all other personal camping equipment (including personal tents) must be supplied by the employee. Per diem is provided for all project work requiring overnight stays outside of Salt Lake City, and is significantly higher for camping projects. Lodging is provided for all non-camping projects requiring overnight stays. Many projects require the use of personal protective equipment, which will be provided by SWCA.

      These positions are temporary, on-call, hourly positions. Pay rate will be based on individual qualifications and experience. Candidates' employment will be contingent upon passing a background check, and compliance with SWCA and client safety policies (which is likely to include drug testing) is required at all times.
      Job Qualifications:
      • A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or related field required
      • Archaeology field school or comparable experience required
      • Previous CRM experience preferred, especially experience in the Great Basin and experience on both survey and excavation projects

      SWCA Environmental Consultants is an employee-owned company of cultural and natural resource scientists and planners. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, SWCA has offices throughout the West, Pacific Northwest, and Pacific Islands. SWCA ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms. We offer an informal, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a competitive benefits package, including a stock ownership retirement plan.

      In support of our value of integrity, SWCA promotes a safe and drug free workplace. We participate in e-verify and pre-employment background screening services. SWCA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans to apply.

      How to Apply:
      Resumes must be received through our online application system to receive consideration. Please use the link to apply online.

      https://swca-hr.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=723&company_id=16126&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992417&startflag=1

      If you need assistance or accommodations to apply, please contact us at recruiting@....

      Visit SWCA's web site, www.swca.com, and discover why SWCA is a great place to work for environmental professionals interested in sound science and creative solutions.