CULTURAL RESOURCE ANALYSTS

  • R. Joe Brandon - Founder Shovel Bums LLC
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2007
      Hi R Joe, I am taking over from Rose Chang at PG&E Daylight savings time is here so make good use of those extra hours of sunlight by sporting your cool new ShovelBums gear from http://www.cafepress.com/shovelbums

      Note from R. Joe: The search function on the job board at this client was not letting me search my job code so you might need to search on something like "cultural"

      Onto the posting.

      Best,

      R. Joe

      Hello R. Joe,
      Would you please post these on Shovelbums.org?

      SR Recruiter, PG&E

      Our energy flows through you! At Pacific Gas and Electric Company, we recognize that our employees are the backbone of our success. It's the mix of talent, skill, enthusiasm, drive and team spirit that empowers our employees to deliver your energy, today and tomorrow. This is your opportunity to join our team and make your contributions in an industry that is rapidly changing. We are seeking Cultural Resource Analysts for our Walnut Creek and Chico California locations.

      CULTURAL RESOURCE ANALYST.
      Responsibilities:

      1. PROJECT FIELD SUPPORT: Complete any required cultural resource field studies or investigations for any and all lines of utility business including hydroelectric related projects. This includes any field work necessary for smaller maintenance and operation type projects and potentially, large, long-term relicensing projects as well. All projects may require numerous agency and Tribal consultation meetings. Undertake and oversee any necessary short-term or long-term project cultural resources monitoring as required in order to ensure compliance with all applicable laws related to cultural resource protection or in compliance with hydroelectric project license conditions.

      2. PROJECT OFFICE SUPPORT: Work with and advise Project Managers and others as to the level of effort necessary for a project, based on applicable laws and Company policies. Work with Project Managers and others to prepare budget estimates for work in support of projects and ensure work is completed within budget or that early notice be given in the event changes are necessary. Interface with agencies (State Historic Preservation Office, US Forest Service, Advisory Council on Historic Preservation) to secure necessary permits and clearance for projects.

      3. CONTRACT MANAGEMENT: Manage professional services contracts and ensure that all products and services received meet contract specifications, FERC and resource agency guidelines.

      ESSENTIAL/REQUIRED:
      Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, and GIS Systems.
      Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage diverse, concurrent responsibilities. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
      Minimum of seven years archaeological field and supervisory experience, including archaeological survey and site recordings; archaeological excavation and National Register of Historic Places evaluation.
      BA or BS in Anthropology with emphasis in archaeology and/or cultural resources management.

      MARGINAL/DESIRED:
      Knowledge of both prehistoric and historic archaeology.
      Knowledge of hydroelectric system history and FERC relicensing processes.
      Knowledge of Architectural History and NRHP Evaluations.
      MA Archaeology, Historic Architecture, Cultural Resource Management or a related field is strongly desired.
      Creating Impact
      Managerial Flexibility
      Coach & Develop Others

      Please apply directly to www.pge.com/careers, reference job codes PSX48029 and PSX49548
      Pacific Gas and Electric Company offers an exceptional compensation and benefits package including: Matching 401(k), short-term incentive plan, medical/dental/vision benefits, assistance with relocation costs, developmental opportunities, tuition reimbursement and a whole lot more!

      Learn more about us by browsing our homepage at www.pge.com
      Equal Employment Opportunity, M/F/D/V.

    • R. Joe Brandon - Founder Shovel Bums LLC

        Learn more about us by browsing our homepage at www.pge.com
        Equal Employment Opportunity, M/F/D/V.